Chapter Nine

Friends

~Aiden~

Standing in the middle of the living room, I watched as Axel left, making a dramatic exit. What the hell is he thinking? He came here to apologise and I understand that part but making the decision to get married to Kaya is just stupid. Is he really going to let that gold digger get what she wants? We both know she'll just use him for the throne.

Then he said for Aurora and me to start a relationship. While I was here, I did do some thinking about her and I realized... this isn't the feeling of quicksand, just freedom. If I was to start anything with her it's because of the feeling of freedom and she doesn't deserve to be used like that. 

She's a goddess who deserves love and safety, not pain and tears... I think I do agree with her when she said we should just be friends and see where it goes from there. Maybe if faith is on our side, then we can decide to leap into something much more. 

I do like her and want her in my life, but there is no love at first sight between us. And I know I can wait till love comes and connects us like that. I can wait till I feel stuck in a pit with just her memories and love. 

"Axel" I heard Aurora call after him...

Is bad that when she said his name my heart sank? As if my guts know something I don't...Sighing, I walked out of the living room and ran outside, Axel was just about to get into his car. I know I gotta do this, no matter how angry I am... it's time to make my own plan. 

"Axel stop!"

Stopping, he looked up at me in confusion and I noticed he had a cigarette in his mouth. I heard Aurora's footsteps coming towards us, turning around I watched as she stopped in front of the door. 

"Aurora do remember when you said we should be friends and get to know each other better?" I asked.

"Yeah?" she asked confused

"Promise to always be my friend?" I asked smiling at her, hoping she understand where this is going. 

She nodded her head and smiled at me widely, "I promise."

I nodded my head and turned back to Axel who was leaning on the roof of his car, just staring at us as if we were crazy.

"You said you'll do anything I want right?" I asked him 

"Yeah I will," he said taking the cigarette from his mouth.

"Don't get married, I'll do. I just need you to better a better human, be better than father. Actually, do something for our island and don't follow his every rule. I don't fully forgive you yet Axel but... I can't see you torture yourself with that witch,"

"I'll be better, I'll do it for you and the people," he said nodding his head.

"Did you apologize to her?" I asked motioning to Aurora.

"Yeah we're cool, I got her number too."

"Good... she'll be your date to the wedding. I need my friend there if I'm gonna get through with all of this." I said looking back at her and smiling. 

Looking back at him, I saw he turned his face away from us and his jaw was clenched tight. I know he doesn't like her much but if I'm gonna do this he's gonna have to learn to stand her for a bit. 

Messing with Him

~Aurora~

When Aiden asked if I promise to always be his friend exactly knew what he meant. He doesn't want a relationship right now and I don't mind it. It's honestly better for us to take this all slow. I mean I have a lot to learn about him and he has a lot to learn about me. 

But when he told Axel that he has to take me as his date to the wedding I was stoked, I mean your girl is going to a royal wedding, I just have to stand cauliflower for a little bit. Looking at Axel I saw the way his head was turned away from us, I couldn't help myself from laughing. 

Walking toward him I handed him his phone and said " Message me the details about the wedding and what I have to do."

Knowing damn well he doesn't have my number because of emergencies my ass. He took it from me and sat in his car, little cauliflower is upset awww. 

"You coming ?" He asked me through his teeth

I looked back at Aiden who had a small smile on his face and deiced I should just stay with him for the day. 

"Nah, you go on, I'll stay with Aiden for a while," I said walking away from the car. 

Slamming his door shut he drove off fast, Vin Diesel will never learn. I walked back to Aiden and just hugged him. 

"How about we watch a movie?" I asked 

"You sure?" 

I nodded my head and then he wrapped his arm around me before walking us back inside. 

"You're evil by the way.." I said laughing 

"How?" he asked chuckling 

"You know Axel doesn't like me right?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yeah I also know that he doesn't have your number,"  he said letting me go.

"How did you know that?" I asked him hooked

"Because you're sassy, and Axel is demanding. So I figure he properly told you to put your number in his phone, hence why you had it all this time and knowing your little attitude, you probably gave him the wrong one" he explained 

"You think you got me all figured out huh Mr Royalty?" I asked laughing 

"Nope I got way more to figure out,"  he said as we walked into a kitchen.

"Likewise."

Wedding timer: 1 month, 1 day, 14 hours