Chapter Four

Belle

~Aurora~

My first night here was an eventful one I must say. When that tall muscular cracker first talked to me I wasn't that impressed by his' I'm rich' aura but after dancing and getting to know him a little, he wasn't so bad after all.

Adrian was about 6'3 in height, a white muscular-built man, his hair is black and a little curly in texture. He probably was famous or something seeing all the people that were staring at him when we went out to eat. I didn't mind it but he looked uneasy about it so I just suggest we ate in his car. We talked and laughed about the most random things that night.

It's been about three days since and I'm right now I'm getting ready for my first day at work. Checking my outfit in the mirror I made sure everything was perfect, I had on a baby blue shirt, a black pencil skirt, and a pair of four inches black heels.

I had my hair in a low back ponytail and I did my make-up in a simple natural look. Walking out of my bedroom I checked the time to see that it was 8:30, I got 30 minutes to get there.

"Perfect timing Rora," I said to myself

I gave myself a small little pep talk before exiting my apartment. It took me 5 minutes exact to get a cab, and I was grateful that I didn't have to wait longer.

I'm honestly feeling nervous about everything, the job I got is to be a store assistant, which means I get to help the senior attendants and possibly Miss Annabelle herself. I also have to help the people in the studio stitch suits and dresses. Some of the benefits Miss Annabelle offers her employees are that we get a sewing machine for our homes and we are allowed to take cloths that they no longer have use for back home.

Miss Annabelle doesn't like to waste material so she gives them to her employees, they even host monthly design competitions, where she picks out an employee to collaborate with and help them bring other designs to reality. Eventually, when you work hard and show your talents she makes you a designer on her team. I wanna be on that team one day.

"Ma'am we're here." the driver said snapping me out of my thoughts.

I paid my fare, thanked him, and then exited the vehicle. I took a look around me and saw the store was across the street, taking a deep breath in I crossed the street while saying a silent prayer.

From all my research I knew the store is a three-story building. The ground floor was for the customers, the second was the studio, that's where all the magic happens, designing and sewing are done there and on the top floor is Miss Annabelle's office slash personal studio.

Walking in, I was greeted by employees that were wearing the same color-coded uniform as me, walking about the store with dresses and suites in their hands. I walked over to the cashier, giving her a smile I said...

"Hey, My name is Aurora Bishop. I'm supposed to start a job here today."

Smiling wildly at me, she offered her hand to shake and said" Hi, I'm Sarah. Welcome to the Belle team. I'll take you to meet the boss."

I nodded my head and shook her hand as she signaled another woman to come to take her spot. I followed her as she walked over to an elevator, I watched as she pushed the button to the top floor and I knew that only means one thing.

"Um, when you say Boss. Sis, did you mean Miss Annabelle herself?" I asked getting even more nervous than I was before

Laughing, she turned to me and said "Don't worry about it much. Miss Annabelle just likes to personally give the tour and rules to all sales assistants. "