89- Happiness is a Choice.

Cornwall.

We went.

We finally went to it.

I don't know why we went, because we could have gone anywhere in the world and it would have been significantly prettier than it, but it was just somewhere we kept banging on about and we just needed to go so we could stop talking about it.

But it was quite wonderful actually. Sometimes England could be pretty, I suppose. It was sort of like a taste of the simple life. Life outside of the big city was quieter to say the least and I never thought I'd enjoy the seaside, but it was quite calming actually.

Still, I was glad we didn't stay for too long, I missed the city too much. Cornwall was perfect though, for the few weeks we stayed there.

"I feel guilty, I have so much money Remus, we can go anywhere you like, pick a place, we'll go there. There's so much of the world that.."

"And we've the rest of our lives to discover it." He interrupted with a smile as he played with the ends of my hair. We laid tangled together in the little cottage we had rented out for just the two of us. I could take him any place he wanted. He had taken time off work (one of the plus sides to having McGonagall as his boss.) I could take him anywhere his heart desired and I would follow, he just needed to say the word.

I turned to my side a little and looked at him. "I just feel like I did.. I don't know.. Theo and Italy and.. I don't want you to think I don't want to do it all with you.."

He kissed me how he always did, like he poured his heart and soul into it and I knew that deep down he didn't care about the things I was worried about because he wasn't vain, but it still didn't ease my mind.

"I don't think anything and besides I like the simple life I think. I mean don't get me wrong, I adore London, it's my entire life, but.. this.. it reminds me of my mother."

I hummed in response. He had mentioned once or twice how his mother was a simple sort of lady from a small town on the outskirts of London. His father was the one who resided in Epsom, hence why he was born and raised there. He didn't talk very much about Surrey, but then again, I didn't really talk much about Manchester. I suppose neither felt like home. London always did.

"As long as you're certain."

"I'm certain my love." He mused, adorning a blissful grin. My love, it was so endearing, so immensely charming the way he spoke sometimes. The nicknames he'd give me, the way his flow of speech was always so well thought out and beautifully flowed compared to mine; that in comparison seemed blunt and stupid, like a toddler who's words just jumped out the second they thought them. Sometimes the beauty of him made me insecure. So to compensate I'd feel obliged to make sure I could give him everything he needed to ensure he never left.

"I'd give you the world, if you'd asked me too." I whispered against his breath, my eyes flickering from his lips to his own. "Sometimes I just want to show you so you know it's true." His breath fanned my face, his thumb slowly tilted my chin so I'd stop anxiously looking away from his eyes. "I've always known it to be true. I never need you to show me, I've always known, okay?" He answered back firmly, giving me a look that was telling me he was waiting for him to give in. "Okay, only if you're sure." I sighed finally.

He kissed me quickly, nothing more than a quick peck before he untangled himself from my vice and rolled over so he could begin to sit up. He muttered something under his breath and I swatted his back. "What?" He chuckled, I did it again, this time with more force as he sat up, his back to me, full of magnificent scars. He craned his neck to look at me with playful eyes. "Beautiful girl." Immediately I retracted, head lowered slightly as my cheeks grew red, always embarrassed at his affection. He laughed softly and stood up, he repeated it again, muttered it to himself as he shook his head slightly chuckling to himself, it was like he didn't care to say it to me, more so like it was an inside joke to himself or something.