58- Blood Traitors

I woke the next morning, things had obviously escalated and we had moved from the kitchen to his bed at some point during the night.

His sheets smelt the same, of his scent that seeped through the covers, the pillows, the room. His body was warm, scorching, against mine, skin on skin, not a single thing keeping us apart.

Physically that was.

Mentally, I had spaced out again.

It felt like my brain chose to almost ignore what had happened, like some sort of coping mechanism perhaps, to run away from dealing with things that should have been dealt with.

Remus was the communicator, I never listened, it was what we did. So it was no surprise that after sex he would want to know what it meant for things, how we would go from here, but I didn't want to deal with things just yet.

"So what does thi.."

"I need to buy a house."

"What?"

"I need.. to buy a house."

"Okay." He answered hesitantly, clearly confused by the randomness of my words, but he didn't press. It was like he would let me do whatever he was that scared.

We were laying side by side and a random spurge of energy overtook me making me move so that I was straddling him instead. He let out a strangled breath and I stared seriously into his eyes to stop him from getting the wrong idea.

"Will you help me? I don't know London that well."

"Course I'll help you but I'd assume the answer is simple, you'd want it in Kensington no?"

"S'not for me. It's for Kieran."

"You're going to buy a house for Kieran?" He asked in disbelief with his eyes wide.

"Yes."

"That's awfully generous."

"He's queer and he's unhappy in Sheffield, can't be who he is there. The only way I know he'll be happy is if he's in a city where they're more open about this kind of stuff."

"Hm.. and what does he think about this?"

"Well he doesn't know of course."

"Thought as much. Can't help yourself from meddling can you love?" He said playfully.

"Are you going to help me or not? I'd buy him the biggest house in Knightsbridge or Kensington or Chelsea but I know he'll hate it. I'm afraid I don't know anywhere else."

"Camden, Soho, Islington, Hackney.. it's up to you love, they're all great places."

"So you'll you help me?"

"Gladly. When do you want to go?"

"I dunno. Whenever you're free. I want to get it done as soon as possible."

"We'll go today? Start with Camden."

I nodded, he smiled and I tried to move off him but his hands were fast to grab onto my waist to keep me in place.

"We should talk about this."

"I don't want to."

"I th..."

"No. I call the shots now. If I say I don't want to talk about it, we don't talk about it."

Reluctantly he let go of me and I slowly got off of the bed, picking up my clothes from the floor to cover myself. I could feel his eyes burning into me.