Chapter Twenty

Asia

Please...

Darkness...

I open eyes yet again, but this time it feels real.

I am in control.

Was I drugged? Was it a dream?

I don't dare lift my head. My eyes search my surroundings, but I can't see much due to it being so dark.

I can make out the bedside dresser and lamp that sits an arms reach away from me, beyond that there's a wall.

There is an almost unbearable heat coming off of the body attached to my back.

I am completely naked under the thick white sheets. I try to stay as still as humanly possible and keep my breathing on the same rhythm.

It was a dream.

I know it's him. I can tell because of the way he smells. He smells fresh, clean like he has just gotten out of the shower.

His arm is wrapped securely around my waist and he has me pulled in close. My naked butt sticks to his thighs.

I can't tell if he is asleep or not, I usually fall asleep before he does, plus he doesn't snore.

He sleeps very lightly and with any little movement or Change in my breathing he wakes up.

The back of my head rests on his bare chest and I can feel him breathing on the top of my head. His breathing is steady and rhythmic.

He could be lying awake staring at me, he does that sometimes. Or he could be asleep, aware of any slight movement I may make. He wakes up at the slightest noise or the smallest movements.

God it's hot.

I move slightly away from him then freeze. After a few moments of peace he grunts, and body stiffens giving me away.

He hummes before speaking. "Looks like someones awake." His voice is low and groggy.

I wince out of fear for what he will do to me next. He kisses the tip of my ear and moves his hand up until he is clutching my boob. "Don't worry I'm not going to punish you now. Not until the sun comes up." My hand grips his. "Are you challenging me angel?" He gently bites my ear.

Fear shocks me and I put my back down. Punishment?

I need air.

I try to say something. What I was trying to say comes out in an incoherent whisper. I settle for pointing at the bathroom door.

"Five minutes." He squeezes my breast one last time before retreating his arm from around my body.

Once I am sure that I can walk without falling I get completely out of the bed and make my way to the bathroom.

I turn the lights on and shut the door. When the door is shut it is like reality hits me and I start to panic. My eyes search the bathroom for a window or a weapon, anything that can help me get out. In the midst of all the searching my eyes catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

My hands reach up and pull back my bonnet. I am guessing Milio put it on me, Underneath my hair is pulled back into a bun. He took out my braids and washed my hair too.

My eyes then travel down to the bandage that goes around my neck. My hand shakes while I pull the white gauze from around my neck. After all of the bandages are discarded I almost shake in disgust.

I have never felt so impaired so Injured in my entire life. The skin right below my chin is folded into stitches that stretch from ear to ear. Little dots leave a mark to where the needle had interred.

I allow my fingers to lightly trace over the threading. I decided to try my voice out again, but this time I drank a little sink water first.

I try to say the word grape. My lips and tongue move perfectly in sync, but my voice doesn't follow suit. Unlike in the dream all that comes out is an incoherent whisper.

Not wanting to give up I try the word hi just to get the same outcome, a dry whisper. What if he took my voice away from me. What if the damage he did to my pharx is so extensive that I will never be able to make a sound again.

I will never be able to rap a Nicki verse or sing a lullaby to one of my kids again. Silent tears cascade peacefully down my face. I should be used to it by now. This isn't the first time Milio has taken something from me.

He has taken my first kiss, my job, and my freedom. This is just another notch on his belt. I wish I could go back and stop myself from meeting him, stop myself from catching his attention in the first place.

There are two soft taps on the bathroom door. "Are you okay in there?" He pauses. The way he just said that it is like he is actually conserned and is trying to make sure I am okay. "I gave you five minutes.

He tries to open the door while I just stand in the same place watching the door knob twist. "Why is the fucking door locked?" He stops trying the door and just yells at the door frustrated.

I'm not opening the door. I don't want to plus it feels like I can't move my feet. He bangs on the door. "You better not be trying to hurt yourself. I guarantee if you try to leave me again that I will find someone you love and let you watch them die." His russian accent is thick and he curses before walking away from the door.

I know that he hasn't given up and I just stand here almost frozen just staring at the door. I guess I want to see what he will do next. I want to see him derail and not have what he wants for a change.

Fuck him.

The next chapter might be Milio's POV.