Chapter 29

A/N
i literally don't know what to say
I know i know, i'm horrible. you have every right to hate me. it's been way too long but here you go.

Bucky's pov

pow

It takes five seconds and Elie is on the ground, her shirt with starting to get covered in blood. I freeze.

fuck

Everyone is moving. The guy and his friends started to get away, but Tony is in his suit and fly to get in front of them. Wanda and Steve are joining Tony to stop the men trying to escape. The second I unfreeze, I go and kneel down next to Elie. She's still breathing but she's unconscious. The bullet hit her shoulder and she should be okay.

I hope she's okay

I looked up to see the three men on the ground. Tony told me they aren't dead, and part of me wanted to kill them on the spot, for everything. I swallowed, not able to capable to get words out of my mouth.

"We have to take her to the hospital," Steve said calmly behind me. How the fuck could he be calm in that moment. The love of my life was dying in front of me.

"How do we carry her to make sure nothing gets worst," another voice said. I turned around to see Sam standing next to Steve.

"I'll do it." I heard Wanda's voice. She walked closer to us and I flinched when she used her power to pick up Ellie from the ground.

The rest of the day was kind of a blur. Ellie was brought to the hospital wing and taken care of. The guys were brought into a made up cell in the tower where they were questioned. Steve and Sam stayed with me. They tried to get me to eat something, but i felt way too sick. The image of Ellie getting shot made me ill.

I waited until 11pm for her surgery to be done and to get some kind of results on how she was doing. The doctor told me the surgery went really well and she was going to be fine. It felt like some kind of relief, but I couldn't help but want her awake and with me in that moment. The doctor also added that she would probably wake up in the next couple of days.

I went to sleep that night in the bed my girlfriend - who was currently in the hospital wing for getting fucking shot, because i wasn't able to protect her - and I normally shared. I couldn't even close my eyes, knowing Ellie was... well, wasn't with me.

The next morning, after sleeping barley 2 hours, I got up and got dressed with Ellie on my mind. Steve and Nat were eating breakfast when I got out of my room. There was a plate on the counter for me, Steve said. I looked at it and took a few seconds to decide what I was gonna do.

The idea of eating made me want to vomit, but I was starving, so I took a few bites off the plate in silence. Nat and Steve also stayed silent, I knew they were worried about Ellie too. Of course they were, she was also their friend.

When I was done eating, I was on my way to go see Ellie. I wondered if I should've went to take a look at those dudes responsible for putting my love on a hospital bed, but as tempting as it sounded, I knew it was a bad idea.

When I arrived to her room, she was in her bed eyes clothes, like the day before. I took the chair and placed it side to the bed before sitting on it. I took Ellie's hand in mine and gave it a kiss. She looked so peaceful. I felt my eyes getting watery.

"I need you here, Ellie. I- You can't leave me alone. You're my everything."

I saw her eyes starting to open and happiness filled my insides. Her gaze stopped on me and she smiled faintly. I can't help but smile back.

"Hey sweetheart," I said in a low voice.

"Bucky, have you slept? You look awful," she said. and i replied with a laugh. "Wait, I mean you look tired, cause you could never look awful really. You're always looking gorgeous."

I smiled a little and she squeezed my hand. I felt tears in eyes.

"Ellie, I was so scared," I could barely get the words out.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here, aren't I?" she gave me her prettiest smile and I leaned in to kiss her.

When she was good to go, I brought her back to our room and she changed into some nice clothes. We joined all the team for dinner. Everyone was happy to see Ellie in okay shape.

After hours of eating and laughing and drinking with our friends, Ellie told me she was tired and we went back to our room where we both changed and got into bed.

"I love you so much, doll. You know that, right? Like, you're the most important person in my world. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you," I told her as she cuddled me. I felt her smile against my chest.

"I love you too, James. With every little piece of me. And don't worry about losing me, I'm not going anywhere any time soon," she whispered back and kissed me good night.

Everything was going to be perfect as long as she was in my arms.

A/N

The last chapter is posted loves. Also, I know this is incredibly short but i just wanted to post it.

xx