Chapter 22

A/N

Thank you for 14k reads and so sorry for the wait <3

TW: Sexual activity

I stormed into Tony's lab as soon as the elevator doors open.

"What the actual fuck, Stark," I said, standing up tall in front of him. He slowly took his eyes off what he was working on and sighed.

"Rogers told you," he assumed.

"Yes, yes he did. And I don't get why Bucky couldn't come on the mission, and for fuck's sake, don't tell me it's because we're together now and all that bullshit. Nat and Steve are together and they both can go," I yelled. I was furious and he could tell.

"Call down, kid. I have good reasons for Barnes to stay here," he started.

"First off, do NOT call me kid. We both know damn well I'm far from being a kid anymore. Second, I wanna hear them all, those reasons you have," I snapped back. He looked surprised by my sudden confidence.

"Well, it's HYDRA and we know it's a big risk for Barnes to be near them. If they catch him, we're all screwed," he went to continue but I cut him off.

"Already your fist excuse his shit. Bucky came along for many missions involving HYDRA, counting taking down bases. Plus, he's free now. The words don't have an effect on him anymore. They made sure of that in Wakanda. Besides, we're all there, nothing bad will happen to him with us around," I argued.

"Right, I guess, but it's always a risk for him to be near any HYDRA agent and so, being near a base is even worse," he said and I sighed. "That's not all. The fact that you and Bucky are together is not helping. If one of you gets hurt and it distracts the other, everyone could be compromised."

"Are you serious?" I asked, but didn't let him answer, "Are you actually serious right now? If anyone got hurt, any other person could get distracted by it! I can't believe I have to explain this to you. If Nat or Steve, or even you got hurt, I would be perhaps get distracted, but I wouldn't let everyone else down and get to you. I know how important and hard being an avenger is, and that does not change because I suddenly have a boyfriend on the team. And believe me, Bucky knows that too."

"I know, okay? I get it," he said. "I just can't take any risks, kid."

"I swear Tony if you call me that one more time, I'll chop your head off. I and Barnes have been on a mission that, as you know, went well."

"You weren't dating yet if I remember correctly."

"For fuck's sake Tony, that's the reason we started dating in the first place. The mission is how we got so close and ended up getting together. And as I said before, Nat and Steve are together and they both can go."

"I get where you're coming from, but it's a no," he said and I sighed hard.

"We need Bucky on the team, Stark," I yelled back.

"We can manage without him," he assured in a calm voice and it made me even madder.

"Tony, why didn't you let Bucky go and made me stay here?" I asked even if I knew the answer.

"Because your powers are more useful," he answered as another fucking excuse.

"I know how much you hate Bucky, Stark."

"I don't," he tried.

"Stop giving me shit, everyone knows you do. Look, Bucky and I love each other, you can't do anything about it," I said back.