Twenty six

•Neera•

I woke up with my head pounding, and my fucking phone ringing. I slowly open my eyes and reached for my phone that was on the table next to the empty bottle and glasses. On the other side of the table was Zack on the couch sleeping with his arm over his eyes.

"What?" I said rudely to the other person on the phone.

"I know you are angry with us, baby girl, but don't need to be rude."

"What do you want, Atlas?"

"How are you?"

"My head hurts, so what do you want?"

"Why? Have you been drinking? Are you sick?"

"That's none of your business."

"Fuck Neera, we care about you. Why can't you give us a chance?"

"I'm sorry Atlas. I really am. I care about you too but not enough, for whatever you want. A relationship? If you only called to talk about this, I'm going to hang up."

"Wait. I called you to tell you that Ryan's girlfriend is after you."

"Let her come."

"If you need us, we will be there, be careful Neera she's fucking crazy."

"Don't worry. Bye." I said and hung up. I let myself fall back on the couch and groaned when I felt my head pounding.

I don't have a minute to breathe. Now I have a crazy bitch after me, it ain't my fault that her boyfriend is dead, he came to my territory, he shot at me, my men reacted and made 30 new holes on his body.

And my mother, I'll need to go talk to her, won't I?

That thought made me groan again.

"Morning." He said, his voice husky from the sleep it sent chills down my back.

"Morning." I said.

I'm proud of myself, I drank half a bottle and we just talked.

I woke up dressed.

That makes me smile. Big smile.

"You look crazy, smiling like that to the ceiling."

"We didn't have sex." I said proudly.

"And that's a good thing?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Oh, okay." He said, he sounded disappointed?

"Did you want to sleep with me?" I asked before thinking.

Like always.

"Wha- I- uhm." He's blushing.

"Don't worry, I want to fuck you too, but I have a magic pussy, once you have a taste you'll never want to leave. Oh my god! Forget I said anything, I'm probably still drunk and I always talk without thi- " He started laughing.

"Magic pussy? I think I'll have to see that."

"Don't say that."

"What? Sorry, I'm probably drunk too. " He said and laughed.

"We should leave the office before something happen, I wouldn't regret it or call it a mistake, but let's not complicate things yet. I have a house to clean and it's already 11."

"Yet." He repeated and smirked.

Those fucking lips look so juicy and kissable.

I want them.

How much would a kiss complicate things?

I'll have to find out soon.

Without saying anything else I got up and got out of the room, I could already smell coffee and cinnamon rolls but before any of that I need a shower, so that's what I did I went up the stairs to my room, I undressed last night clothes and got inside the shower.

I never thought that I would enjoy so much Zack's company, but I really did. He looks a little intimidating and grumpy at first but we did have good laughs. I can get drunk easily but I do not forget what happened.

I never planned to tell him about my miscarriage, not even Liam or Ivy knows. I'm not embarrassed, it's just there's no need to know and I moved on, the father was a night stand, I didn't have time to tell him either, I found out and the next day, I started bleeding. I've never been in a relationship, never felt connected with someone.

When I get in a relationship, I don't want just the sexual chemistry.

I want more.

Love.

I want to be connected with the heart, not just the dick.

And now the thing is that there's something happening between me and Zack, something more than the need to fuck each other, it's so easy to talk with him and I could do it for hours, and when we lock eyes, it's like we are in our own world.

Nothing more matters.

And everything around disappears.

And that scares the shit out of me. What if is all one-sided? What if I'm reading too much into it? Creating fantasies? Or what if this is his plan? He holds my future in his hands. I'm afraid to do something and he uses it against me. Wich, I know how stupid it sounds because he is FBI and I'm a criminal, and I opened my home to him.

I got dressed in comfy clothes and made my way downstairs. slowly because I'm barefoot and that never ends well. I got in the kitchen filled a mug with coffee and took a hot cinnamon roll.

"Morning." I said.

"Are you going there?" Asked Ivy.

"After, why?"

"Can I come?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"It's up to you, I don't know what she's going to say, or what condition she's in."

"I know."

"Okay then. Let's put some music and clean this house." I said.

And that's what we did, everyone helped even Zack, it took us longer than usual because I fell 7 fucking times and they all stopped to laugh at me, we ordered some pizza for lunch and then continue our tasks.

The guys assembled the furniture for Alice and Theo's rooms, it took them forever, the first time they were parts left because the fuckers didn't want to read the instructions. 'We don't need instructions' they said.

Bitch is Ikea, of course, you need.

We finally finished around 6 pm and I knew the time to see my mother was coming, my mood made a 180 turn. I was happy around my family, and though I have a shit ton of problems I didn't think about it all day, but now I don't know what to feel or what to think. I'm questioning everything.

Why is she here?

What happened?

Where has she been?

Is she still on drugs?

Why now?

"I'm ready." Ivy says.

"Okay, let's go."