Three

•Neera•

I can say that when the sun came up and the birds started to sing I knew Derek's name, and I won't forget it any time soon. Sex, is such a good way to exercise and let go of stress. It makes you sweat and when you reach your climax, you feel so relaxed.

Don't you think?

I mean, if you have the opportunity don't waste it, who cares that there are dead bodies in the same room? It only makes everything more exciting and adventurous.

After leaving Derek to take care of the trash I went to my room and took a shower, it's been more than twenty-four hours since I woke up and my body is already craving sleep, but since I can't sleep now, coffee will have to do.

I get dressed and ready for the day, I got out of my room and when I'm going down the stairs I hear a lot of laughter from the kitchen. I make my way there and see the reason for the kids happiness.

Liam has a chef hat on his head, a pink apron with black polka dots, and he's flipping pancakes, not doing a good job because I can count at least three glued to the ceiling. I walk to Ivy and kissed her head.

"Good morning." I say out loud. I take a mug from the cabinet and fill it with the black bitter liquid, that will get me through the day.

"Good morning." They say back to me.

"Damon, how did you sleep? I talked to your brothers and they should be here in 4 hours." I say looking at the gold watch on my wrist.

"Good, thank you for everything."

"You're welcome. Ivy, you're not going to school anymore."

"What the fuck!? Why?"

"Language, Ivy. And because I said so, anyway aren't you supposed to hate school?"

"School makes me feel normal."

"You are normal, either going to school or being homeschooled. What are you talking about? Finish your breakfast and come to my office. Liam, stay with Damon." I said, I gulped the rest of the coffee, feeling it burn my tongue and down my throat.

I didn't care, my head was stuck on what Ivy said. 'Makes me feel normal', Why would she say that? Doesn't she feel normal? I mean, yeah, her sister that she calls mom is a criminal, who kills people, among other things.

She knows everything about what I do, I never hid things from her, that never ends well, she's very observant of things. And what if she had found out for another person? That only would make things worse.

And yes, she trains she knows how to fight and shoot a gun at fourteen, but knowing that the bad people are way worse than the news on the tv say, it's a must.

But I always tried to make her feel like any other normal girl, I give her all my love, Liam is like a brother to her, I try to spend all my free time with her, we go shopping, we go to the movies, salons, we get our nails done, what she wants she gets.

What more can I do?

Does she want to stop training?

Does she want to be in the dark?

Is this because she was taken?

Does she blame me?

Fuck, even I blame myself.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a couple of knocks on the door.

"Come in." The door opens and Ivy steps inside, closing it behind her.

"Look, ma, I'm sorry I didn't mean it. It's just- " She stops talking and looks down at her fingers.

"It's just what, Ivy?" I ask softly, this side of me, no one but her sees.

"At school, they know that you are my sister but they heard me call you 'mom' over the phone and since then they've been messing with me."

Fucking brats, I'll skin the little fuckers alive.

"And what did you do or say to them?"

"Nothing, because they start saying things about OUR mom, how mom didn't want me and I always freeze. They say I'm not normal, that it isn't normal to call my sister 'mom'." She says, and I see a tear running down her face. I get up and walk to her.

"Look Ivy, when I was younger I went through something like this too, but in my case was that it wasn't normal for me to take care of you like you were my daughter. There were days that I felt like shit, and let's be honest it wasn't normal, but I realized that what those people said didn't matter, for me it mattered that you had clothes, food, a roof, and love, so I started ignoring them - "

"But mom-" I took her hand and pulled her to the couch.

"Wait, let me finish. Those people will get out of your life soon and you probably won't hear from them ever again, because they aren't true friends. They don't know what is going on in your life, they don't know shit. They are trying to put you down because they are down, they probably are jealous of you, because I'm your sister but love you like a daughter and maybe at home, they don't have that kind of love, not even from their mothers. Do you understand what I am saying?"

"Yes."

"Now, about mom, she didn't want me either but here I am. But I'm glad she had you because now we have each other okay? We don't need anybody else."

"And uncle Liam." She said with a chuckle.

"Sure, and Liam. If you ever feel that way or any other way I want you to talk to me. I'm always here for you, and besides don't feel bad for being different or your life being different, being normal is boring."

"I love you, mom." She says and throws herself at me.

"I love you too, Ivy." I say and hug her. I feel my phone vibrating in my back pocket and without breaking the hug I pull it out.

- The brothers got here early. They want to see you.- Liam.

- I don't fucking care, I gave a time for a reason. Now, they wait. Entertain them. - Me.

I do care about business, and I do want to talk to them, I want to know who the fuck Ryan is, but my priority is Ivy, if she needs to talk more, cry or just be here with me, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

The rest can wait.