Banishment

Y/n pov:

Thomas had finally woken up in the pits and looked up to see Minho, chuck, newt and I all staring down at them. "What the hell were you thinking?" Chuck half yelled.

"This place isn't what we thought it was." Thomas replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"This isn't a prison, it's a test. It all started when we were little, we'd get given these trials and then people started disappearing. Once every month, like clockwork." Thomas stated, looking at his feet.

"Sending then up into the maze." Newt thought aloud.

"Not all of us though. I'm one of them." Thomas shamefully spoke. "So are you and Y/n." He said to Teresa.

"What?" Teresa asked.

"Girls, we did this to them. We're the reason everything's happening."

"That can't be true. I came up three years ago with Gally. I couldn't have done this to you guys." I worriedly said.

"I don't know why you came up here long before me, but you must've done something to cause it." Thomas replied. "But it doesn't matter, not anymore."

"He's right." Newt said. We all looked at him, questioning his words. "It doesn't matter, any of it. Because the people we were before the maze, they don't even exist anymore. Those bloody creators took care of that. But what does matter is who we are right now, and what we do right now."

"I have a plan, but we have to get through Gally." Thomas said.

We discussed the plan and who would do what. I walked off at the end of the conversation to gather supplies with chuck. I walked to the gardens (or what's left of them) with a bag to collect as much salvageable fruit and vegetables I can find.

I lifted a wall of fencing only to drop my bag once I saw what was under it. Tears welled up in my eyes as I fell to my knees. I screamed in pain and stroked his hair. His eyes were cold and grey as was the rest of him, well the upper half of him. Zart was ripped in half and the top half of his body was dumped in the gardens.

I felt gally's arms wrap around me and he picked me up. He rubbed my back and soothed me, telling me that it'll be okay. "Why did this have to happen? To him?" I cried.

"Now you see why I have to get rid of Thomas and Teresa. It's so this doesn't happen to anyone else I care about." Gally said, stroking my hair.

"When are you banishing them?" I asked.

"In a few hours." Gally replied coldly, releasing me from his grasp. "Please don't interfere with this. It has to be done."

"Yes, I understand." I sniffled. Little did Gally know, we were getting out of here weather he liked it or not.

~time skip~

Teresa and Thomas came into view, being dragged over by the other runners. I stood beside newt with our hands intertwined. Gally started making a big speech but I paid no attention. Teresa was then tied to one of the poles and started yelling at us to do something. I looked over at Minho and raised an eyebrow, he nodded back indicating that we were about to start some serious shit.

Two gladers were about to tie Thomas to the other pole when he elbowed them in the guts and grabbed a spear. Minho put his knife to gally's back and I cut Teresa lose. Fry, newt and chuck walked over to us as we stood in front of the maze door, knives and spears in hand.

"You really are full of surprises, aren't you greenie?" Gally said.

"You don't have to come with us but we are leaving. You can either spend the rest of your lives in here or try and escape to live them out there." Thomas stated.

"Don't listen to him, he's just trying to scare you guys. This is our home." Gally reassured the other gladers.

"But you already are scared." I said, walking forward. "You're scared that you'll die in here knowing that you could leave. I love it in the glade but I would gladly risk my life out in the maze if it means I could get out and start something new."

Winston, Clint, Jeff and a few other gladers came over to our side and I looked at Gally with pleading eyes. "Please, Gally." I said.

He just glared at Thomas and ignored my pleas for him to come with us. "Good luck with the greviers." He said. We all turned to run, but newt and I gave one last glance at the glade before we started to head off.

"And newt." Came gally's voice from behind us. "If you make it out of the maze and she doesn't, I will find you and skin you alive."

We looked at each other and continued running. I stayed behind to keep newt company seeing that he couldn't run as fast as everyone else due to his limp. I was overjoyed, we were running to freedom.