3 years

Three years have passed since I arrived in the glade, and a lot has happened:

- Gally became the keeper of the builders

- We welcomed more and more greenies to our home

- I grew closer to Newt more than the others

- Minho and I became inseparable which resulted in the other gladers being pissed at us a lot

Today was the day a new greenie came up in the box, which means I got a new bestie (hopefully). When we heard the familiar sound of the box coming up we all ran to it and crowded around it.

As we waited for the newbie to come up, I started a conversation with Minho (he twisted his ankle yesterday so he got the day off to rest it from running). "So, I bet that the greenie's going to be a boy" I said.

"Nah, I bet they'll get us another girl, it's unfair that we only get one." Minho replied.

"I'm positive I'm right on this one." I countered.

"Do you seriously want to set another bet, remember what happened last time, when chuck came up?"

I shuddered at the awful memory of having to walk around the glade with no shoes. "Alright, what do you want if you win?" I asked.

Minho thought for a moment. "If I win, then Newt and I get to throw the eggs we don't use at breakfast at you tomorrow."

"Sounds fair." I agreed. "But if I win, then I get to braid your's and Newt's hair at the bonfire tonight. And you have to wear until sunset tomorrow."

"Oi!" Came a British voice from beside me. "Why is my hair getting braided? I have nothing to do with this!"

"Well it's only fair that if Minho drags you in to his win, then I get to drag you into mine."

"Fine." Newt groaned.

"Agreed." Minho replied.

"And so, the deal is set." I justified.

After a few minutes the box finally arrived. It opened and revealed a scared boy, shielding the sunlight with his arms. I laughed. "Looks like we're playing hairdresser tonight boys."