Bonfire

After a few hours the boys had collected a large amount of wood and just piled it together. I sat quietly on a faraway log, thinking to myself. Why was I sent here? I thought. Why am I the only girl? Who even am I?

My thoughts were broken by a set of footsteps coming my way. I looked up at the person and could easily tell who it was. The eyebrows gave it away all too well. "Hey, Y/n." Gally said, trying to start a conversation. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing just fine," I replied. "Just chilling here. Alone. Not knowing who I am or what to do about it."

"Oh. You know I'm going through that too. We arrived here at the same time, remember." Gally reassured me, rather confidently.

"Yeah, well...I was knocked out so I have had less time to socialise than you did. Plus I'm the only girl here."

"Fair point. Anyway, I'd like you to meet someone."

As he said that, a tall-ish guy with almost perfect hair was walking towards us. "Y/n, this is Minho." Gally introduced. "He's the guy that gave me a tour of the place. Minho, this is my sister Y/n."

I shook Minho's hand and gave him a small smile. "Pleasure to meet you, madam," he said, smirking. "You two should probably get to the bonfire for the lightning in your honour."

Gally nodded, took my hand and lead me to the pile of wood. When we got there I was given a short wooden pole by newt. He smiled at me and lit the tip of the stick on fire. I noticed that Gally got a lit pole by Alby too.

"READY?" Alby shouted. "One! Two! THREE!" At three, we all threw our poles into the wood pile in front of us. As the wood burst into flames, we all cheered.

After a while, I started to make friends with a couple of boys. I had met Winston, Frypan, Zart, and Ben. I was happy that I was apart of all this, even if we don't have memories of our families and loved ones. I was starting to feel like home.