Confessions

Y/n pov:

I watched with the other boys as Gally jumped into the box and pulled the greenie out. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes. He wore a blue shirt with jeans and brown boots. The greenie was thrown roughly on the floor and immediately started panicking. He got up quickly and bolted to the maze doors.

"Aay! We got a runner!" Zart yelled.

The greenie tripped over his own feet and faceplanted. Everyone laughed. He was eventually thrown into the slammer for his little stunt and we all went to do our jobs. I worked in the heat with zart and newt in the gardens until we finished up.

"Hey, y/n." Newt said to me. "Can we talk for a minute?"

"Yeah, sure." I replied.

He grabbed my hand and lead me to the front of his hut. He was obviously nervous about something, I could easily tell because his eyes were glued to his feet. "What's up?" I asked.

"Well... I-um..." he started. "I... I really like you y/n, like a lot. I-I know we're friends but I was hoping that we could be more. Only if you feel the same way, that is."

I felt heat rising to my cheeks when he said that. "I really like you too, Newt." I said. "I have, ever since we met. I would love nothing more than to be your's. I love you, newt."

"I love you too, y/n" he hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I felt overjoyed that he felt the same for me as I did for him. We broke apart and smiled at each other.

We turned to see the greenie walking around with Alby, getting the tour. Newt grabbed my hand gently and walked towards our leader and the newbie.

"Greenie, meet Newt." Alby said as we walked over. "When I'm not around he's in charge."

"Well it's a good thing you're always around then" newt joked.

"And this is y/n, the only girl in the glade." Alby continued.

"Pleasure to meet you." I greeted the greenie. He just stared at me like I was a mythical creature, newt noticed and put his arm protectively around my waist and planted a kiss on my cheek.

Alby saw and glanced between us and looked at me questionably. I looked into his eyes and just gave a slight nod in response to his inaudible question.

"Hey, y/n." Alby asked. "Do me a favour and go find chuck. Tell him I'll be at the treehouse with the greenie."

"Okay." I replied and went to go find the youngest glader.