Teresa

Y/n pov:

Everyone left the hut after Gally stormed off and we all went to do our own thing. Newt gently grabbed my hand and lead me to the treehouse. We sat down in front of it and stared at the walls. "What were you thinking? Going into the maze?" Newt asked.

"I don't really know..." I started. "I love the glade and all but something isn't right about this place. I just keep getting this longing to be free. Out there, in the world outside the walls."

Newt looked at me sympathetically and wrapped his arm around my waist. "I know how you feel, love." He said.

"You do?"

"Yes. I want to be out there. I want to start a life with you. I want a family, I want to grow old with the love of my life and tell my grandchildren about our adventures in the glade."

I looked up into his eyes and smiled. I wish moments like this could last forever. I then heard a crash from the medjack hut and stood up. The girl greenie ran out of the hut and towards the treehouse. Newt saw and pulled me into the trees behind the tower and we watched.

The girl had a bag of rocks and rotten fruit in her hand and a knife in the other. She put the knife in the bag and climbed the ladder to the top of the treehouse. We waited until she was out of earshot and emerged from our hiding spot.

"You go get the keepers and I'll check on the girl." I said to newt.

"What? No." He said. "Didn't you see she has a knife? She could hurt you."

"I have a knife, too. And besides, I know what she's feeling. Waking up in a strange place inhabited with hormonal teenage boys is a bit scary. It would help her more if I guided her through this. Girl to girl."

"Okay, I'll be back with the boys soon. And we're not that bad, we just never had a girl until you showed up." Newt said, pretending to be offended at his last sentence. "Excuses, excuses." I muttered. He gave me a peck on the lips and ran off. I took a deep breath and climbed the treehouse in hopes of comforting the scared greenie.

I opened the trap door and climbed out, only to be met with a knife to my throat. I was pushed up against the tree that came through the floor and looked into the girl's eyes. She had dark hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Who are you?" She yelled at me. "Why am I here? What do you want with me?"

"My name is Y/n." I calmly replied. "I was the only girl here until you arrived. We don't know why any of us are here, but if you remove the knife I can help you."

She slowly lowered the weapon and glared at me. "Do you remember your name?" I asked.

"Yes. It's Teresa." She said.

"Nice to meet you, Teresa. I hope we can be friends. You're in the glade, this is our home." I said.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" A British voice came from below.

"Who's that?" Teresa asked, growing suspicious.

"It's just newt. He can help." I replied. "I'm fine, blondie!" I yelled back. When I leaned over the railing I saw almost every glader at the base of the treehouse. "Shucking hell. He can't even do that right."

"What is it?" Teresa questioned.

"I told him to only grab the keepers, not the whole bloody glade." I grumbled.

"You said I could trust you!" Teresa yelled at me. "Then you just go ahead and get someone to gather all those boys to confront me! Get out of here."

"You really can trust us. Believe me, I can help you." I tried to calm her down.

"NOW!" She screamed.

I quickly scrambled to the trap door and climbed down. When my feet touched the floor, I was pulled into newt's chest. "Are you okay? Did she hurt you?" He asked.

"No. No, I'm completely fine." I said while newt checked me over.

"I just got really worried. She started yelling and then stopped, like she did something bad and then had no reason to yell at you anymore." Newt pulled me into another hug and lead me to the other boys. Gally then ran over and gave me a hug. "Are you hurt? Did she do anything to you?" He asked.

"No. I'm perfectly fine. All she did was get scared when she saw you guys and yelled at me to leave." I calmed him. We then were getting attacked by a shower of rocks and rotten fruit. I was pulled into newt's arms as he tried to shield me from the attack. Eventually Winston shielded is with a large piece of wood.