Roses and running

Newt pov:

I walked into the medjack hut where the girl from the box was moved to. Tommy and Minho were behind me when I walked through the door. I saw Alby restrained to his bed, struggling and in pain but I just walked past.

We came to a bed in the far corner with Jeff, Clint and Y/n standing around the girl. "What's the matter with her?" I asked. "Why won't she wake up?"

"I don't know, man." Jeff replied. "I got my job the same way you did."

"Was he this much trouble when I was unconscious?" Y/n asked Minho, stroking the unconscious girl's hair.

"You have no idea." Minho sassily remarked. I gave him a glare and turned my gaze to Thomas.

"Don't you recognise her?" I asked, getting frustrated.

"No." Tommy was just as confused as the rest of us.

"Well she seemed to recognise you." I said back. I then felt a hand on my shoulder and calmed down, knowing it was Y/n. Thomas walked out the door, he was up to something.

"Where do you think you're going?" Y/n asked.

"Back into the maze." Those were Tommy's last words before he left. I gave Minho a look and he ran out. Y/n tried to follow but I grabbed her wrist and stopped her. "Nope. You're coming with me, love." I said, gazing down at her beautiful eyes.

~time skip~

I had my hands over Y/n's eyes as I lead her through the deadheads. When we got to the far corner, I gave her sight back. Standing in front of us was a picnic blanket with a basket of fruit and drinks. Surrounding the picnic was rose bushes with f/c roses decorating them.

Y/n turned to me with happiness filling her face. "Did you do all this?" She asked. I smiled and kissed her forehead. "I found these bushes a while ago and took care of them when I had the time. I set up the picnic this morning when you were asleep and wanted to surprise you." I replied.

I took her hand and lead her to the blanket. We ate all the fruit and later lied back to watch the clouds. I then heard yelling coming from the main part of the glade and sat up. "Sounds like the builders are annoying everyone again. I'm sorry but I have to deal with this." I said.

"No problem. I'll just be around the glade if you need me." Y/n replied with a smile. I helped her up, kissed her lips and ran (more like limped) off.

Y/n pov:

I walked out of the deadheads and into the glade. I was coming close to the door when I saw them. A small group of boys were running towards the door lead by Minho and Thomas. I was not going to let them go into the maze, not without me at least. I leaned up against the maze wall beside the door and watched them run up to me.

Minho pov:

I can't believe I agreed to letting Thomas back into the maze, he's not even a runner. I had gathered Zart, Winston and Fry to help us dissect the grevier and we were running to the doors. I was running in front and was the first to see the figure leaning up against the maze doors. Y/n.

She had the biggest smirk on her face and she knew what we were doing. I wouldn't be able to convince her otherwise even if I tried, when she makes up her mind she doesn't rethink anything. I know I'll fail but I'll try and convince her to stay, newt and Gally will kill me if she steps into the maze.