They're alive

Y/n pov:

We all stood at the doors waiting for them to open and reveal that our friends were safe. The opened with an ear splitting screech and the passage was empty. "I told you, Chuck. They're not coming back." Newt said from beside me and he turned away. Chuck clutched my side and buried his face into my chest. I looked back to the maze and saw three figures turning to the glade.

"No way." Zart said, obviously shocked.

"They're alive." I said to myself. "Newt! They're alive!" I yelled.

We watched as Minho and Thomas dragged Alby into the glade and lay him on the ground. I immediately tackled Thomas and Minho in a big hug. "Don't ever do that to me again." I said relieved.

"No promises." Minho sassily said back.

"Did you see a grevier?" Chuck asked the boys when I let them go.

"Yeah." Thomas replied.

"He didn't just see it." Minho said. "He killed it."

"You did what!?!" I yelled in shock.

~Time skip~

Everyone gathered in the meeting hut, the keepers, newt and I stood in a semi circle in front of the other gladers. Thomas sat on a crate behind us.

"Things are changing." Gally said, taking over the meeting. "There's no denying that. First Ben gets stung in broad daylight, then Alby. And now our greenie here." He turned to Thomas. "Has taken it upon himself to go into the maze, which is a clear violation of our rules here."

"Yeah, but he did save alby's life." Fry responded.

"Did he?" Gally asked. "For three years we have co-existed with these things, and now, you've killed one of them. Who knows what that could mean for us."

"Well what do you suggest we do?" Newt asked from beside me.

Gally didn't even think before he answered. "He has to be punished."

Everyone started talking amongst themselves, either agreeing or disagreeing.

"Minho." I said. "You were there with him, what do you think?"

"I think, in all the time we've been here, no one has ever killed a grevier." Minho replied. "When I turned tail and ran, this dumb shank, stood behind to help Alby. Look, I don't know if he's brave or stupid, but whatever it is, we need more of it. I say we make him a runner."

Everyone started talking now.

"A runner?"

"What?"

Let's not jump the gun here." Fry said. I looked at Thomas and gave him a big smile, he gladly returned it. Chuck then started chanting Thomas' name but when no one joined him, he stopped.

Gally was starting to get pissed. "If you all want to throw the greenie a parade, that's fine. Go ahead. But if there is one thing I know about the maze, it's that-" he was then cut off by the box alarm.

I looked at newt and he gave me a worried look. Everyone got up and ran to the centre of the glade. Gally, newt and I ran ahead of everyone else, me in front. Gally and newt glanced at each other and opened it up. Newt jumped in and I moved to the front of the group next to Gally.

"It's a girl." Newt looked up at us confused. "I think she's dead."

The girl did look dead and was curled in a ball at newt's feet. She had long brown hair and pale skin. I looked at her hand and saw something white sticking out of her balled fist. "What's in her hand?" Gally asked.

Newt slowly crouched over her and grabbed the piece of paper. "She's the last one...ever." Newt looked back up at us. "What the hell does that mean?"

I jumped down into the box to check the girl's pulse. I put my fingers at her neck and was relieved when I felt a heartbeat. She then awoke and grabbed my wrist strongly. "Thomas..." she managed to say and then fell unconscious once again. She let go of my wrist and newt came over to me and held me protectively. We all looked to Thomas with suspicion. Does he know her? I thought.

"Still think I'm overreacting?" Gally asked.