CHAPTER 27: MANGO MILKSHAKE AND STONE COLD EYES

ELLIE

I hate moping.

There's yellow, mango milkshake spilled all over the floor of Cherries, probably some random kid whose mom needs to put on a leash or probably some rowdy college athlete who can barely maintain the bare minimum table etiquette.

I hate moping, I especially hate moping milkshakes with chunks of fruits on the floor, because then it's sticky and gooey and it splashes everywhere.

"We had so many people today, I feel like I have been standing on nails all day", Jade says, wiping the milkshake table with a wet rag.

It was a busy day today because our hockey team lost the match today. People were here to nurse their wounds, go over their mistakes and probably dump milkshakes in anger.

"I hate working on busy days, where's Emily?"

"She took the day off, I don't know why."

It's a good thing Emily isn't here, but she always keeps the customers longer around her, with her twirling fingers in her hair and her propensity to wink at everyone. As good as it is for the business and the tips, I can't stand being here for another second.

I am still reeling from the after-effects of the party two days back and I'd like nothing more than to be holed up in my bedroom and go to classes in a hoodie with sunglasses on, like some top-secret spy or FBI agent. God forbid, I run into Parker or even worse, Logan DeLuca. I think that party was enough embarrassment to last me a decade.

"I had like three classes today," Jade continues, "And every one of those professors was a total bitch to me."

Jade drones on about how one of them deliberately picks on her to answer in the class but I zone her out. Is this what my life is? Having two friends and one of them is the mean girl I work with who sounds like she peaked in high school, having a boyfriend who thinks he can control my every move, and crushing on someone who is definitely a bad idea and looks like a walking, talking heartbreak?

I don't think I meant this when I said I wanted a happening college life.

"Ellie? Did you hear what I asked?"

I shake out of my reverie, "Sorry, what?"

"You never listen to me," Jade pouts, "Anyway, I was asking do you think Aaron likes me?"

With the way he was absolutely, shamelessly flirting with Lex, he absolutely does not. But I don't tell her that obviously, "How would I know? I don't talk to him."

"Yeah but you're close to Logan, did he tell you anything?"

"I am not close to Logan," a voice hums in my head calling me a liar.

Jade smirks, "Could've fooled me."

"You know I am with Parker."

She drops the rag on the table and leans on the table, her arms crossed, "you're just wasting time with that buffoon, you know that right?"

I choose not to acknowledge that sentence, and plaster a saccharine smile on, "I haven't talked to Aaron, why don't you ask him yourself?"

That serves as enough of a distraction for her, "Ugh! I would but..."

Jade goes on and on about Aaron and how he didn't call her after she left him her number. I don't say it but I doubt Aaron even remembers the whole exchange, or even who Jade is for that matter; he was too drunk to stand straight.

The floor's clean now but I keep wiping it back and forth, kinda like how my mind is reliving the night; forward and backward. I think about Logan and his soft, soft hands and brutal, stone-cold eyes. No amount of self-pity and promises to never drink again is going to absolve me of the shame and embarrassment of that night. I was drunk and out of my mind and I am still reeling from the hangover of that night.

But the worst part of it all wasn't making a fool out of myself in front of Logan. The worst part is how I'd probably do it all sober too and without any regrets. I lean against the mop and close my eyes. All I can think about is Logan and how his clean, soapy scent wrapped around me and how he almost kissed me, and more than anything, how I felt like I finally belonged in that dingy Janitor's closet with him.

My phone dings in my pocket and it's a text from an unknown number.

Hey                                                               meet me at the Jefferson building, we need to talk about something urgent            Logan

                              ★-★

I come bearing bad news :((

My college's physical classes are starting next Thursday and I will be leaving my hometown. I am majoring in Computer Science Engineering so it's a LOT. The bad news is that I will be holding off on writing Amore. I will not take it down and i will definitely continue in the summer vacations but for now, this change is getting a lot to handle BUT i will try to update a chapter or two so don't remove this book from your libraries yet, but the plot is going slow and derailed and i need a break to look at it from the fresh pov.

Good news is I will finally have my Pinterest college life, AND get to meet the cute senior i am crushing on (i think he likes me back?). The other day on call, he sang Taylor swift to me jokingly because he knows I love her so there's a husband material right there. 

Anyway, I am always available here and i promise i will finish Amore someday soon. I am really sorry and it's breaking my heart to do this but i have to start a new chapter <3