CHAPTER 15: TOUCHY WOMAN AND BLACK HEARTS

LOGAN

Everything is jamming in my ears.

The beer, now warm, swishes around in my solo cup. I have never had a red solo cup before and I am having my coming of age movie moment right now, feeling like I am standing in the middle of a Netflix movie. Except I am probably the bad guy here because I am standing next to Dean who looks like your textbook athlete, doing beer pongs and hollering at the top of his voice, with a blonde wrapped around him.

I guess he's having fun. That makes one of us.

I have been at this party for two hours now, and the loud music and warm beer is starting to get to me. I have called Alexis thrice now, the last time she hung up saying I ruin all her "getting into bad bitch mode energy" with all my constant questions about Ellie.

"Are you going to have anything stronger than that?" Aaron leans against the patio door.

I look down in my cup, still considerably full, "Nah I am good."

"Are you waiting for Ellie?"

I whip my head towards him to see him smirking at me, "Why would I wait for her?"

"I don't know, maybe because you're asking that hothead again and again if she's bringing Ellie?"

Was I that loud? Did everyone in the room hear me? Dear God, this is embarrassing.

"Was I that obvious?"

"Nah, I was eavesdropping," Aaron flashes me his million-dollar smile that works wonders on people, "Anyway looks like you've got a little crush for yourself."

I almost throw the whole cup at his face, "I most definitely do not."

"Yeah yeah you got a little crush on someone," He continues in a sing-song voice, making kissy faces at me.

Aaron tackles me in a neck chokehold and goes on in his kiddy tone, "Logan's got a crush, Logan's got a crush."

"Logan's got a crush?"

We both stand up straight at the saccharine voice near us.

"Hey Amanda," I croak out. She's the absolute last person who needs to know that I have a crush. Or not. I do not have a crush.

"So who's the girl? Something tells me it's me," She bites her bottom lip, twirling her strawberry blonde hair around her fingers.

No, it's not.

She's beautiful okay? She isn't unattractive, she's most guys' wet dream. Just not for me. The thing is I wouldn't have any problem with getting it on except for the fact that she's clingy as hell. She's always finding some way to touch me and it makes me super uncomfortable. Like now.