CHAPTER 9: DICKQUE AND ILLICIT PORNO

LOGAN

LOGAN

"How do you say dick in French though?" Aaron says, tongue sticking out.

"Uh, dickqe? Penisans?"

"That, sounds more complicated than it should be," He points out, "Maybe we should ask her."

He nods towards our French teacher at the front of the class. She's a young-women, probably not more than twenty eight or twenty nine.

"It'll be just like you to flirt with the teacher," I say, shaking my head.

"I mean, she's pretty hot, and when she speaks French, it's almost like she's reciting a love letter."

"You barely understand more than two sentences of French and one of them is 'hi I am Aaron'," I point out.

I took Additional French this semester or the sole purpose of aesthetic and looking hotter, but maybe also because of French and its relation with deep literature and art. I am trying not to be pretentious here.

But I wasn't going to suffer through the hell hole alone in case the class turned out to be miserable and I also needed someone to share my happiness with if it turned out to be an amazing one. So, I dragged Aaron with me. He wasn't particularly thrilled but he needed an extra credit so here he is.

"I am just kidding, just kidding," he throws up his hands in mock surrender, "I am not going to go after the teacher like in some weird illicit porno."

I doubt that he is going to do exactly that, but I need his help with the French assignment.

"Why don't you go after someone your own age maybe?" I suggest.

"Like who?"

"Like, umm, Alexis Forte?"

He gives me a disdainful look and mockingly chokes himself, "Yeah I'd rather not set up my own death trap."

"She isn't that bad."

"Yeah she's actually worse."

"hey c'mon now," I nudge his arm, "She's funny, she just has a dry and dark humor."

"And a spitting tongue."

"Good for you," I wink at him.

"Yeah no, snakes have tongues too."

I snort, "Are you comparing her to a snake?"

Aaron leans back and mulls over the question for a bit, "Hmm, she's more of a scorpion. She stings."

"She really is super fun to hang out with," I insist.

Lex and I met at a party and Hunter introduced us and it has been a wild ride since then. I agree sometimes, she makes me want to tear my hair out and has me shedding tears of blood, she also has her spasming with laughter. And honestly, I think Lex and Aaron would look good together. There's high chance that she might break his heart but we'll see.

"Yeah no, I am not taking that risk," He brushes it off, sitting straight up in his chair.

"You two know each other from before right?"

"Yeah high school."

"What happened then?"

"Our dads want to slit each other's throats."

Interesting. I try not to be too alarmed by this piece of information but I think it reflects on my face because Aaron snorts.

"Not literally," he pauses for a second, "Or maybe yes literally too, I have no idea."

"So that's why you two don't like each other?"

"Besides the fact that she's a bitch? Yeah-"

"She's not a bitch-" I interrupt, "She's fiery."

"Yeah to you," Aaron says, "Sometimes I think our fathers manipulated us into hating each other but oh well, it's working."

I open my mouth to reply but a buzz in my side pocket stops me. I look over at Professor Marie but she's busy reading out loud from a book in her hand and besides, she needs superhuman vision to look at me at the second last bench and know that I am slyly digging out my phone from my pocket and checking it under the desk.

My screen flashes brightly with the caller id displaying 'Siren.'

Oh god, no. As I am staring at the phone willing it to stop, the call ends and a bunch of texts pop up one after the other.

Siren: hey sweetheart

Siren: how are you? How is everyone?

Siren: I miss you guys so much.

I almost snort out my vocal chords in class.

"What's wrong?" Aaron asks, trying to peer into my phone.

Siren: I need your help pls pick up xo

I think about the last time she didn't need my help and don't come up with one single scenario that predates my high school years. She's so busy asking for help that she doesn't even know that I am in class. So much for missing us.

Siren: I saw your nana's boutique is working well.

Every hair on my body is on high alert, standing like ice pins. Professor's voice blends with the background as I scan the message again and again. How did she know about nana? Is she stalking us again? Is the police ever going to do something about it?

A cold sweat passed down my neck as I think about Nana and Levi, alone in their bedrooms. Levi likes to keep the window open at all times of the day; my heart lodges in my throat.

I back out from thread of messages and open Nana's contact on my phone.

Me: close all the doors and windows, be close to Levi. S emergency, be there soon.

Before I lose the nerve completely and go running to our home, I open the thread of messages under 'Siren.'

Me: do not come near them again or I will tear open your face. Enough is enough. Leave us alone and forget we ever existed.

                           ★-★

I know I'm the absolute worst ever. If you want to murder me for not uploading for more than two week, I completely understand.