CHAPTER 8: GLITTER PHONE CASES AND PEE-PEE POWER

ELLIE

ELLIE

I have this weird true crime video stuck in my head where it showed instances of men in black actually existing in real life. Like, some people claim that they have seen huge men in black suits who have no hair or eyebrows and ruby red lips and they threaten to kill you or your loved ones if you claim to have any knowledge of UFO or have ever spotted one or aliens.

I think aliens do exist, but they probably wouldn't be stupid enough to be spotted by us easily. But even then, if anyone tells me anything about extra-terrestrial organisms being real, I shut my ears. I physically try to block my sense of hearing. YouTube videos fuck me up. I cannot just move on from watching a video and pretend like it never happened or will not affect my life.

Especially when that video was a tarot reading prophesizing your soulmate.

Parker Duncan has brown hair and brown eyes and is...dcent-looking. If he put an effort and maybe dressed a bit less casually, he'd definitely be hot as shit. I think he is the one. But I did not get any past life revelations or flashes from the countless times he has touched me; I mean I expected some drama or thunder cackling or background violins, at least in my head, when I finally met my soulmate. This feels...ordinary.

But then again I shouldn't be letting YouTube subconsciously trick me into going out with a guy because he has a set feature; especially considering he isn't really that charming.

"So are you gonna bring your phone with you?" He asks, in a very normal and ordinary voice and I feel no butterflies. Nothing.

Is it because I am thinking too much? Maybe I should just let things unfold on their own and not worry about it as much and do the whole universe, fate thingy.

"Yeah obviously," Why wouldn't I bring my phone on a date with some random dude?

"With that cover?" he looks at my glittery pink phone skeptically.

"And?"

"I don't know, don't you think it's too much glitter? I am buying you a pretty one the next time."

I manage to internally roll my eyes; we've been talking today for five minutes and he's managed to bring up how rich he is about five times too. Once in every minute. No one said love would be easy, I've heard soulmate relationships are incredibly difficult, I mean look at Jude and Cardan in The Cruel Prince.

"There's nothing called too much glitter," I say cheerily, trying to brighten up the mood. I am not even a man why do I have to follow the rules of toxic masculinity, let me love glitter geez.

"You'd say there's nothing called too much blush either," He mutters under his breath but I hear it.

"Excuse me?" my whole body tightens.

It's okay, I like blush and I am not going to change it for a man. I am not going to let bits of what happened in school repeat all over again.

Parker's eyes widen and he starts to backpedal, "No-Nothing i-"

He's interrupted by a very minty and pinewood-y smelling Logan who dumps one hand around my shoulder so hard, I almost buckle down from the weight. The maximum workout I can do is run for five minutes I am not prepared to bear a hockey captain.

"Hey Ellie-bellie!" Logan ruffles up the top of my head and I swat his arm away, glaring at him.

"What are you doing?" I ask, voice dripping with disdain.

As if a glitter hater wasn't enough, I have to deal with a feminine pink clothes hater too. This isn't sexism celebration day, is it?

Parker Duncan clears his throat, shifting at his feet. He sizes up Logan who's taller and more defined and ripped than he is. Hell Logan's jaw could probably slit a throat.

"So you two know each other?"

Parker's doing small talk. Great, wont be long before I get bored now too.

"Yeah you know, our souls are made up of the same stuff so I am drawn to her," Did Logan just casually pull a Bronte on him?

"Umm what?" Parker looks baffled, "Why would you agree to go out with me if you're with this romcom spewing bullshit?"

Really testing my limit as to how far I am going to allow my soulmate to talk shit since he just called Emily Bronte a Netflix romcom.

"I am not with him!" I say, exasperated.

"Yeah I am just a friend, looking out for her," Logan winks at me in a very non-friendly way that sets multiple orbs of butterflies in my gut.

"Okay so..." Parker looks at me weirdly, "I'll meet you there at five?"

"Yeah!" I say brightly, trying to diffuse the tension in the air.

When Parker walks away, visibly out of eyesight and hearing range, I almost smack the living shit out of Logan and the feeling only heightens when he gives me his dimpled smile, so wide that there are two deep crests on his cheeks.

"What the fuck do you think you were doing?!"

"You're going out with that tool?" if I wasn't completely out of my mind, I'd say Logan didn't look exactly thrilled about this prospect.

"he's not a tool."

"He just said glitter phone covers are a turn off, doesn't have much of a pee-pee power, does he?" He says, grinning ear to ear.

What the actual fuck, what power? Is Lex dead? Is it her spirit possessing him, this sounds like something she'd say.

"You're weird," I say defeated, "Why are you here?"

Logan turns somber, brown eyes flashing with guilt and sincerity. He looks down at his shuffling feet, and actually fumbles. The Logan St.Claire. Better record this shit.

"I um, I am sorry about that day," He says cautiously, gauging my expression but I know all he sees is a blank face.

I am feeling all kinds of emotions overwhelmingly right now. He did apologise that day, why is he doing it again?

"You already said it-"

"I know I know," He interrupts me mid-sentence, "But I though it might not be enough?"

He's so flustered right now his cheeks are going pink and damn it if this isn't the cutest thing I have ever seen.

"I didn't mean it like that Ellie," his voice softens and he looks so scared right now, as if I am going to yell at him this very second, "I never thought pink was a weak colour or that wearing skirts makes you inferior, in fact you look really beautiful in those."

"In which?"

"Both. Everything."

I guess we're taking turns blushing now.

"Anyway, forget it," I tell him, not wanting to stretch this conversation.

"I promise Ellie bellie, I will never say anything like that ever again I am so so sorry I hurt you."

"Don't call me that."

"Can't promise that."

I bite back a smile and stick out my hand towards him, "Truce?"

He swats it away and wraps an arm around my shoulder, "You speak so weird but fine, truce."

                              ★-★

You've no idea how excited I am about this chapter eek!!
So All I see hit 300k and I'm screaming svjandkansm!!!
Do you like the chapter name? Sksksksk
Stay safe, happy reading ❤️