Chapter 12; Golden skates qualification contest.

Finally weekend! 
The most expected game for kids in baton rouge is the qualification match for the golden skates. They aired it on TV for all, from other countries to watch. The competitors from Baton Rouge, Texas, Pontiac and Chicago travelled to Texas to compete. Everyone knew Macei and bet on her to get first place. There wasn't a winner since the top 3 qualified to play in the finals in California with the other qualifiers that would win from other states.

The last winner was a kid from Atlanta known as Dai Mante. now she's 17 and owns her magazine Dai time for teen influencers. She also acts on Brat Tv and has a fan base of 500 thousand on Instagram and verified. The contest brought so many opportunities that kids would dig.

 The contest brought so many opportunities that kids would dig

Macei was Baton Rouge hope for qualification

They all put on jerseys from the state they came from,macei spotted tiarra from the crowd with her mom. Qua and Isaiah didn't come so they watched from TV. 
"Hey, you actually made it"Tiarra hugged her.
"I wish you the best of luck" Macei replied. There was a crowd indeed,the stadium was full of spectators and coaches. There were cameras and some journalists showed up including Dai time.

The announcer began to tell them to take their positions. Tiarra hugged her mom"I wish you the best of luck!" her mom pecked her. Macei's mom did the same and the competitors took their stand, even if macei and tiarra were rivals, they didn't act like that.

The game soon commenced, the referees used markers to draw large circles, numbered one through 12, on the floor of the rink. Instruct players to skate around the rink as the music plays. Stop the music at random intervals. When the music stops, players skate into the nearest circle. Roll a set of giant, fuzzy dice on the middle of the roller rink floor. The players in the circle who match the number are out of the game. Play continues until 30 players remain out of 50. A variation gives eliminated players the opportunity to remain in the game. The skaters in the elimination circle must perform commands such as "skate backwards" or "skate on one foot" to stay on the rink. Skaters who fail to complete a command are out of the game.

They began skating, the spectators cheered them and the commentators began talking on the mic. They made witty and funny comments, the ones who watched on TV placed bets on their favourites. 

The first round finished,macei and tiarra made it. They smiled at each other and nodded.HHGs fans rejoiced from their homes and continued cheering macei. The referees took the classic party game of freeze dance to the skating rink. In this version, players skate rather than dance as the music plays. Each time the music stops, so do the skaters. The last player to stop on her skates must retreat to the sideline. At the start of the game, assign two or three players as referees to watch and determine which players are last to freeze. Rotate eliminated players with the referees so everyone gets a chance to play.

They continued again, some got disqualified. However, macei and tiarra kept ongoing. The players remained 20 now.

Play this game with empty cardboard boxes or soft, stackable objects. Divide skaters into two teams. Designate a skating lane for each team. Use cones to separate the lanes and tape to mark the start and finish line. Give the first skater on each team a stack of five boxes. At the sound of the start signal, the skaters race around the rink while carrying the boxes. If a player drops a box, he must return to the start line and try again. Once he completes the lap, he hands the boxes to the second skater in line. The relay continues in this manner until one team is the first to have all its members carry their boxes across the finish line. Macei and Tiarra found themselves on the same team, this was good since none of them would be disqualified. Their teamwork made people realise that it was them from Youtube.
The commentators said"Isn't that Big Rocket,macei k.The head of the HHGs? Can someone please remind them that this is not youtube and is indeed a competition"

Macei's mom screamed her name to make her focus. The final stage was here now, they were down to 10 players.

This one required them to skate to the finish line dodging the hurdles. They took their stance, everyone focused even more. The top 3 would be gotten from here, so far so good HHGs were jubilating,macei fans couldn't stop cheering her on social media. The race began, most people slammed into hurdles while some fell and got back up. Everyone stood and clapped for the survivors. Tiarra on the other hand was skating perfectly well, they were down to 7 and as soon as they approached the finish line, a boy fell down. Macei was leading while Tiarra was in fifth place.

"Come on Tee tee"Isaiah muttered.
Tiarra saw that she was already fourth, she had to fill in the gap so she did her special move -the one she did while she and Isaiah followed that takis thief. She did the exact same move, the commentators exclaimed"Now isn't that a masterpiece!" 
She became second place tieing with macei. macei lost balance and tripped a little, thus giving tiarra a chance to lead her. Macei didn't fall however, all her fans screamed in pain. Her mom exclaimed with frustration. Tiarra took first place, then macei, then the black boy from Chicago. All black people screamed for joy as all winners were black.

Isaiah, qua and Paris screamed for joy as the HHGs members didn't disappoint. Although macei didn't win, she qualified. Qua knew macei would start acting strange, all HHG fans started posting on Instagram how tiarra robbed macei of her title. Macei was still panting, she bent and knew she messed up, she felt sad but her mom comforted her. Tiarra's mom ran and hugged her"My baby!"

Tiarra was celebrated,macei glanced at her but even if she was sad, she still smiled. Tiara skated towards her and hugged her."You did well"

HHG fans didn't stop talking about how macei was meant to win and how tiarra isn't their winner.