Chapter 26; two steps backwards

Tiarra felt calm instantly. She faced her mum and said, "It's about time you brought the topic up."Her mum nodded and said, "I know I kept this big secret from you..."tiarra interrupted her "you lied" 

"Yes, I'm not denying it, so I'll come clean. Your dad is in jail because of me and my parents"

Tiarra was shocked. She raised her eyebrows up with a questioned look on it. Her mum continued, "He raped me..."

Tiarra was shocked again fighting the urge to think about the news. She felt the tension in her stomach, shoulders, and chest. Her brain wasn't able to deal with negative news, she thought. Hot tears rolled down her cheek.

"You deserve to know the truth. He raped me, and I was only 18. My parents found him and brought him down. Fortunately, I realised I was pregnant after he went to jail and that child is..."
"Me" tiarra completed her mom's statement. She began crying, her mom reached in for a hug. "I'm sorry mum, I misjudged you" she cried even more.
It was a very sweet mother and daughter time, her mom cried too."Is there any way I can see him?" she asked.
"I can't tell which jail he's in, honestly. It has been long and I'm sorry I hid it from you, how could I tell my daughter that she's a product of rape. Listen tee tee , if you wish for us to travel to Cali to start a new life then I totally agree with you, you've suffered too much here" her mum replied.
Tiarra nodded and said"I love you mum, I didn't even need a dad in my life, you're just perfect"

"And you're the best daughter too, you've achieved a lot and I'm so proud of you" she pecked her.

Suddenly her mom had the urge to ask, "Can you please tell me what's the deal between you and God? why don't you speak about Him anymore?"

Tiarra burst into laughter. Her mom didn't understand what was funny." What?" she asked her. Tiarra tried to suppress the laugh, she replied "mum after all we have gone through and God didn't answer my prayers all this time, you still believe He cares?" she stood and continued "What did I ever gain from praying? Nothing! Isaiah is still in a coma and I suffered all this while. God didn't answer me? Now I took matters into my own hands and look..." she rolled around and continued"... people finally like me now, they can see that I wasn't wrong. I helped myself and besides, I've left God, so He doesn't know me anymore. "
Her mom was too stunned to speak. It surprised her at what tiarra had become. "What do you mean? He loves you"
Tiarra bounced on the chair and give her mom a look that said "Are you serious"
She then replied," mom, if He loved me, then He would have been there when macei was ruining my life or even punished her at least. She made a diss about me and she even became more famous. Good girl doesn't pay mum, hope you know that"

She sighed and stood. She headed upstairs. "I'll book the flight for our travel," she said and left her mom in the sitting room. Her mom couldn't believe what had just happened. It seemed like a prank.

"God, tee tee is saying all of these things, she has lost faith in You, please I just want my daughter back" she prayed.
Tiarra was finally happy, she was leaving Baton rouge for good, she began packing her bags immediately.
Macei stood next to her window, the words qua said rang in her head"If tee were here, what would you say?"
She began to sing
"Do you wanna make a TikTok? I promise we won't make it loud
You probably wanna skate at my place, maybe I'll come to yours this time around?
I never see you anymore, come out your door
It's like you've gone awayyyyy
We use to be best buddies but now were not, I know I'm the reason why"
Using 'do you wanna build a snowman 'tone from frozen.

Tee tee also stopped packing her stuff, she walked close to her window as if she heard macei singing, she began her own verse
"You betrayed me and I'll know that you'll never feel sorry but do it your worst
You hated me when we were together, it took you a few weeks to go off and diss me
Guess you didn't cheat but you're still a traitor!

God, I wish that you had thought this through before I went and became friends with you
Now you making money off my name. Don't you dare forget about the way, you betrayed me
 and I'll know that you'll never feel sorry but do it your worst
You hated me when we were together, it took you a few weeks to go off and diss me
Guess you didn't cheat but you're still a traitor to me.
Using 'traitor' tone by Olivia Rodrigo

The song ended and they both returned to do what they were both doing.