17

The bodyguards greeted them with a smile when they returned home. "How's your trip, madame?" one of them said.

"It's excellent, how about you guys?"

"We're doing great, madame," she replied, nodding, "Good to hear that." and entered her home.

"We prepared your breakfast and a hotspring for you madames to rest," the housemaids remarked.

"Wow, that's so considerate of you," Stella said as she made her way to the dining area, "but i'll eat first." Mrs Hughes chuckles and walks behind Stella.

"I'll head to my room first, then I'll catch up with you all there," Avianna said, thanking the housemaid and went into her room. However, as she approaches the room, her heart races as she recalls her dream about the note.

When she opens the door, a foul odor fills the room. It's so bad that she's about to vomit, but she keeps walking inside, thinking it is just the death of an animal because she doesn't let the maids clean this room while she's not around.

She went to examine the boxes that had fallen down in the previous three weeks, and as she carried them, a piece of paper slipped out.

The paper, the room, are exactly as they are in her dream.

She panicked when she found a dying mouse inside the box, along with the paper, and read the message, which said, "Find me hurry, if you didn't then i'll be death by then my love."

Her legs gave up and she eventually sank to her knees. She noticed something at the back of the paper, a hand drawn arrow pointing towards the bed, and when she glanced beneath the bed, she saw a horrifying scene she couldn't fathom. She began crawling towards the door, screaming, but there was no response; she screams uncontrollably and shouts at the top of her lungs once more.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

Mrs. Hughes, Stella, the maids, and the security guards rush over to her.

"Dear, what happened?"

"A-al-e"

"What?"

"A-lexander is d—dead. There," she stuttered, pointing beneath the bed.

-

Minutes afterwards, the cops arrive on the scene. They attempted to communicate with Avianna, but she is unable to speak. Stella and Mrs. Hughes, as well as the guards and maids, are interviewed by the police.

They were all confused and shocked, but they managed to describe where they were three weeks before they discovered a body under the bed. Mrs. Hughes then goes on to say that they had a short vacation in the weeks afterwards. She then inquired as to why.

The cops assume that this occurred while they were leaving the house. No one in the house seemed to notice him walk into the room.

According to the investigators, he may have sneaked out of the room and concealed beneath it in order to kidnap his wife and child, but he then waited for how many hours, days, and weeks. He believes she abandoned him, therefore he chose to commit himself by chemical poisoning, using the silent killer drug:  carbon monoxide pill. 

Mrs. Hughes told Avianna about her conversation with Gabe after the interview. She told her about the plan to leave as soon as they got home, but she didn't anticipate things to turn out this way. She's taken aback and doesn't know what to do.

A part of her feels sad, but another part is joyful because the freedom Avianna and the other individuals [who he torments] have yearned for has finally come to an end. She may have lost his kid, but she was successful in bringing justice to a large number of people. And it's not his son anymore; that's a devil's son.

Stella called her husband to inform him of his twin brother's death. She heard him cry, but she also heard a sense of relief.

They were about to leave the house when an officer approached them and knocked on the car window.

"You don't have to be concerned, we've confirmed that the deceased is Alexander Hughes."

"Thank you, officer. We'll be off shortly."

"You're not Alexander, right?" Stella joked to her husband, who is Alexander's twin brother. "Of course I'm not or...am I?" he grinned.

Stella slapped him across the face and said, "Yeah whatever, look at your scar and this and this" as she pointed to his moles and birthmarks. 

"Forget it, cause I know you're not him. You're my first and only husband," she said, hugging him.

He laughed and hugged her back. "Of course, I'm just joking. I love you, wife."

Mrs. Hughes laughs and returns her focus to Avianna. "Are you alright?" Avianna replies, smiling. "More than okay," she says.

"I just can't fathom being the one to see him laying dead. It's dreadful, but it gives relief. Justice triumphed for me and the victims he unjustly murdered."

"I understand, and I'm glad you're both safe now."

"No, you mean. We. We're all safe now," Avianna replied, stroking her daughter's head.