16

"What happened?" 

"The boxes fell down, and Avianna thought something happen to her baby."  Stella explained

"I suppose I'm just paranoid" 

"It's okay, we understand why you acted that way." 

"Thanks" 

"Your're welcome. Anyways, what time is it?" 

"Oh my, we need to go now to the airport." 

"What? Airport? Avianna asked with a confused look 

"It's a surprise, come on." 

"Wait, for how long? What about my belongings..I haven't pack anything." 

"It's okay. We're all going there to unwind, and of course, pretty little avianna will be joining us." 

"Alright, let's go" 

As soon as they arrived at the airport and they heard their names; 

"This is the final boarding call for passengers Ada Hughes, Stella Schuyler and Avianna Lim booked on flight 372A to Kansas City. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for Ada Hughes, Stella Schuyler and Avianna Lim. Thank you." 

"We're here," Stella exclaimed as she dashed towards the plane. As they walk towards their seats, the three of them laugh. "I'm really sorry; I wanted to try flying with other people, but we should've used my own plane instead." Mrs. Hughes said 

"What? No, it's fine; I had a good time running with you guys," the three of them chuckles. "Except for this little one blissfully sleeping despite the fact that I run like an idiot," Avianna murmured, kissing Arscella's forehead. 

They landed at their destination after a 2 hour and 30 minute flight from Toronto to Kansas City.

"We've arrived!!! What are we going to eat?" Stella inquired.

"How about a hug first?" suggested a voice from behind us. Gabe is there when we turned around.

"How are you doing, Avi?" he asked as he hugged her. "Great as always. Oh, hi Arscella, how are you cutie?" Gabe asked as Avianna hands the baby to him. "Follow me, I've made a reservation for us at a restaurant."

Stella asked, "Is it in Corvino Supper Club?"

Gabe smiled as he continued, "As per your wish madame."

"You're amazing!!"

They spend those three weeks wandering around and visiting the city's biggest tourist attractions, such as Kauffman Stadium, the National WWI Museum and Memorial, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, and Union Station. Mrs. Hughes is pleased that everyone, including Avianna, is enjoying the brief trip. She understands how much this woman suffers at the hands of her son, so she wanted to aid her and give the entirety of what she has. She also loves her and treats her as if she were her own daughter.

"Mrs. Hughes" 

"Yes Gabe?" 

"We have a problem." 

"What is it? Don't tell me-"

"Yes, it's about Alexander. He escaped." 

"What? How?" they talked calmly in front of Avianna. They know she'll panic once she hears the news.

"He suffocates the nurse and dresses up as one."

"How dumb of the security not to recognize him?! Is anyone aware of his whereabouts?"

"Yes, someone saw him on an aircraft bound for Canada; I believe it is no longer safe to return; how about you advise we stay here till we capture him again?"

"That would be suspicious; I won't cancel the flight, but make sure to add security inside and outside the house; after we get home, we'll merely gather the necessary stuff and move."

"Noted, Madame."

The three of them arrived at the airport an hour later. They boarded the plane after saying their goodbyes to Gabe. "I can't wait to get home and rest," Avianna said. "I second," Stella replied, yawning. She chortles.

Mrs. Hughes, on the other hand, is concerned about Alexander's whereabouts. She doesn't want him to hurt Arscella and Avianna again. She merely glanced out the window, hoping they'd find him quickly. Avianna observed her mother-in-law was silent throughout the flight and assumed she was simply tired. She shuts her eyes and drifts off to sleep.

Avianna awoke to find herself in the dark. She became concerned, fearing that the plane had crashed and she had missed it. She turns her head to the left to look for Arscella, but she's not in the plane and neither is her kid. It's her residence.

Is she at home? How? She then noticed her room door slowly opening, and she stopped for a moment before checking to see whether Stella was playing tricks on her.

She saw nothing when she was standing in front of the door except for the boxes and books she forgot to arrange before they left for Kansas City.

When she picked up the boxes, a piece of paper dropped out. She can't clearly see the message but it started with the word "Find"-

"Avianna, wake up. We're here, continue your sweet sleep at home. Let's go." 

She is startled by the voice of Stella. But she sighs as she realizes it's only a dream....
that is about to come true..