| 12 |

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

I hate Brave. At the same time, I'm grateful.

When Reese came the next day with Yolanda, he wasn't as miserable as he was. Even though he didn't make a move to talk to me, he smiled at me.

That was enough for me.

Of course, Yolanda was her bubbly self, she was oblivious to what was happening. Which is good. We shouldn't bring the child into this. When they were about to leave though, Reese slipped a piece of paper along with the money to me. He left without another word.

Eagerly, I unwrapped the piece of paper and read what was inside.

Whatever it is, it shouldn't stop you from falling in love. I'm not giving up on you, Pebbles. You'll be mine. Soon.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling at the message. It made me feel...giddy. He called me Pebbles. I wonder what it means. I kind of liked it though.

"What got you smiling like that?" I jumped when Chris spoke up. Blushing, I crumbled the piece of paper and shoved in my jean pocket.

"Nothing," I said, looking away. I looked outside just in time to see the black shiny car driving away. Oh man.

My phone beeped.

Reese: I saw you smiling, Pebbles.

A giggle resonated from deep within, I couldn't stop it. Looking up, I got curious eyes from the customers and Chris. Clearing my throat to get rid of this tingly feeling I was feeling.

Me: I wasn't smiling.

Me: What does Pebbles mean?

Reese: Yay! He finally responded.

I felt so bad, seeing the message.

Reese: You probably won't remember this, but you looked so snuggly in my arms that night, on the balcony. Even though you sure do pack impressive muscles, you look so tiny in my arms and I thought of Pebbles.

Reese: Looked so freaking adorable too. Just to put it out there.

Me: Reese, stop.

Reese: Okay, I'll stop. If you promise me one thing.

I hesitated but responded anyway.

Me: What is it?

Reese: Don't ignore me again. And don't lie to me. You really broke my heart when you said you didn't like me back. I was looking forward to...us.

His message had a sad face at the end. I wish I can take it back. I wish I can tell him that I like him. Something's stopping me.

Me: I'm sorry for hurting you. It was never my intentions. Honest truth.

Reese: I know, Pebbles. Now get back to work before you make the customers angry.

I giggled at that and stuffed my phone back into my pocket, finally looking up. "Yesterday, you were bawling your eyes out. Today, you're all smiles and giggles. You're a strange one, Tarzan," Chris said shaking his head amused. "It's good though. The hot smile is back,"

"You just ruined the whole thing," I rolled my eyes at that and stepped up, next to him taking orders from the next customer.

"What? You're the one ruining this," he said. "It's R35, ma'am," he told the lady in front of him.

"You two would make a mean couple," the woman said smiling warmly at us, as she gave him R10.

"You heard that, Tarzan?" Chris smirked. I fought the urge to roll my eyes and just smiled at the woman until she was gone.