| 3 |

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

"Brave, I'm not too sure about this," I said eyeing myself in the mirror. I was dressed for the party. Somehow, Brave convinced me to tag along. Now that I think about it, I should have stayed here and did my work. Or read a book. Or binge watched a Netflix series.

I was dressed in black ripped jeans and a navy sweater, for the cold outside. It wasn't too cold, but I'd be on the safe side.

"Hey now, it'll be fun. Live a little," he said fixing my manbun. I sulked quietly, not really liking the idea.

We drove to the frat house on the other side of the Campus. This place is fancy and huge. I cringed as I heard the loud music and the screams. "Maybe we should go ba-" I turned to Brave when he parked down the street.

"It'll be fine, come on," he urged me on.

"I don't know about this," I said looking outside. I could make out the huge building crawling with students, some of them already drunk.

"How's your level of anxiety?" He asked me. I fidgeted with my phone in hand.

"Rising higher and higher every second I look at that house," I grumbled under my breath, trying to calm down the rapidly beating heart.

"You'll be fine. I'm here, aren't I?" He said nudging me quietly. "Just remember to stick by my side, okay? Don't wander off too far, otherwise we'll lose each other. Here, take my car keys. If it happens you want to get out, you can come here, alright?" I grabbed the keys when he offered. "Don't take drinks from strangers-"

"I know that, Brave. I'm not a kid," I said stubbornly.

"Okay, then. Let's go," I got out the same time he did and locked the car. I followed behind, dragging my feet.

I winced at the harsh music, and grabbed the back of Brave's shirt on instinct. He looked back at me. "Shit, I forgot. Sorry," he patted his jean pockets and took out a small parcel. "Here, put these on. They'll help with the sound," I took the earplugs and put them on immediately, sighing in relief when it drowned the music to a bearable volume. "Better?" I nodded with a smile. "Great, come on,"

We maneuvered between sweaty drunk dancers until we came to the kitchen area, which was also crowded. I avoided everyone's stare as Brave walked in with all the pride and power, drawing the ladies attention. That's the thing about Brave. He's liked by anyone and he gets the ladies quite. He's good looking and quite confident with himself. Unlike me.

I looked like a mouse trying to find a corner to hide in before they stepped on me. I mumbled sorry each time I bumped into someone.

"Yo Brave! Just the man I was looking for," one guy spoke up with the loud music. I remained by the table while he went to greet the group. I recognized a few faces but no names. I was fine by that. I have no intentions of speaking with anyone tonight.

Brave came over after some time, eyeing the drinks. "This is grape soda. No alcohol. You want it?" He asked me. I nodded eagerly taking the cup. "Yo, can I get a water bottle?"

"Sure, my guy," the guy behind the counter tossed a cold water bottle.

"Here, take this as well. Keep it with you, okay?" I nodded.

After some time, they moved the party outside and I had to follow, of course. Not before asking for another grape soda. "Thank you," I said before rushing to catch up with Brave.

We settled down around the couches circling what should be a firepit, but there was a glass over it with drinks on top. I stayed closer to Brave, busying myself with the soda and avoiding everyone.