| 8 |

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

The next day I was rushing to class on foot. Brave had to leave early, something about business lunch with his father and colleagues.

I was running late and I'm close to breaking down, with all the heat and the stares I'm receiving. It wasn't until I was in the English Building that I took note of the state of my hair.

I look ridiculous. It was flying everywhere and the heat frizzled it up. "Oh no," I checked the time on my phone. I have less than 5 minutes to get to class. There's no time to run to the bathroom and fix myself up.

So I stood in front of the mirror available and combed through it.

"Look at this creep..."

He looks like a wild animal with that hair..."

I bit my lip when I heard the voices. It was a group of guys walking past me. I looked away, and continued with what I was doing silently.

"Ethan, hey," I turned around at the sound of my name being called. Reese smiled, walking up to me. I looked around, at the curious eyes, looking between us.

"H-hi Tyrese," I greeted quietly, my hand still on my hair. He'll probably think I look ridiculous with this hair as well. I didn't bring the beanie. I was in a hurry that I left it. Brave would have reminded me.

I just realized how dependent on him I am. I can't even get one simple thing right, in his absence.

"What? No Reese anymore?" He said tilting his head.

"Uhm...sorry, I just...I need to get to class," I said looking at the almost empty corridors. "What are you doing here?" It's the first time I'm seeing him outside and around the school grounds.

"Class," my brows rose. "Hey, I'm still a student," he said raising his hands.

"Right," I said quietly. I turned back to fix my hair. I'm tempted to tie it up, but Brave would be mad at me.

"Need help?" He asked me. I looked at him through the mirror. "You want to tie it up?" He stood behind me.

"Uh, Brave said not to tie it," I said. "Because of my injury,"

"Let me," he said. "Give me the hair tie," he gestured to the hair tie on my wrist. Reluctantly, I took it off and gave it to him. I watched from the mirror, his face focused as he ran his fingers through my hair so gently, I almost didn't feel it.

He tied a low pony, making it as loose as possible. I didn't even feel any pull or strain. Once he was finished, he fixed my ponytail. "There. Does that hurt?" He stepped back, eyeing my hair with a proud look.

It looked neat. Like I'd actually taken time to do something about my hair this morning. "No," I whispered turning my head. "Why didn't I think of this? Thanks," I turned to him.

"You're welcome," he said.

"You...look different," I said eyeing his attire. He was wearing jeans. Ripped jeans and a white tshirt under the creamy small jersey. Casual. Complete opposite to what he usually wears.

"Good different or ba-"

"No, it's...good," I admitted, blushing. "You look nice,"

"Thank you Ethan," he lets out a carefree smile. "Well, you always look nice," he said his eyes wandering down to my attire. "Shall we?"

"Huh?"

"We have class," that snapped me out of whatever held me.

"Right," I said. I walked with him to class. Seeing as this class is bigger than any of my class, I was nervous to go in this late. I'm not usually late. I always arrive before time to avoid the stares.