| 9 |

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

"What's wrong?" I walked in on a devastated Brave, sitting on his bed, still fully dressed in his suit. He looked up at the sound of my voice and sighed.

"You're back," he said in a quiet voice, standing up. He got rid of the tire and the jacket, disappearing into the bathroom. I frowned at the bathroom door.

He's not okay. I can tell he's not okay.

I went to put my bag down and sat down on my bed, waiting for him. I can hear the shower running. He'll be in there for a while. I went to grab myself Balsamic vinegar Lays chips to munch on, while I wait. Whatever it is, I hope I can help him.

When he finally got out, drenched and only in a towel draped too low. "Brave, you're wetting the floor," I shrieked, watching the trail he's leaving behind.

"I'll clean it," he said in a low voice, grabbing shorts and a tank top. He disappeared back into the bathroom. With a sigh, I stood up and went to mop the floor.

He walked out and eyed me. His eyes scolded quietly. "I said I'll clean it, didn't I?" I bit my lip, sensing his harsh tone, despite his voice being quiet. Almost immediately, he sighed and grabbed the mop from my hands. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm sorry, okay?" He said softly.

I eyed him curiously. "Is there something wrong, Brave?" I asked him softly, my voice shrinking back to its high pitch. "You look sad,"

He sighed yet again. "Come on," he led me to sit down on his bed, with him. "I...I have to take over the company as CEO," he started quietly.

"Yeah, next year," I said knowingly. I knew as soon as he graduated, he'll begin working.

"No, it's...it's not like that," he brushed his wet hair back. "I never wanted to do business," I gasped at the revelation.

"Brave..."

"My mom was a doctor and...it's something that I grew to love as well," he let out a small smile. "I wanted to be a doctor too. And...my father refused the idea and forced me to take the business route. I had no other choice. Back then, we made a deal. That he'd give me five years to myself before I take over. Just...freedom. And he concurred with the proposal. Now," he shook his head. "I have to start doing office work before I can even graduate," he leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and covering his face with his hands.

My heart broke for him. I hated what Mr Norman is doing. Going back on his word, even when Brave compromised. I hated seeing him like this. I had no idea that he was doing something he didn't like.

It's occurring to me now that we're both doing something we weren't planning on doing.

I placed my hand on his naked shoulder. "Brave, I'm so sorry. I didn't know," I murmured. What else could I say? I was tongue tied. I have no power over this. I can't really help him. "Didn't you maybe sign a contract with him? One could be...leverage-" Brave's head snapped up, it startled me.

"Contract? Leverage," he repeated to himself. "Contract!" He leapt up and went to rummage through his shelves.

"What are you looking for? You're messing things up," I frowned at him.

"Sorry, Tarzan. I'm trying to find my freedom," he said crouching to check the drawers. "Why the hell didn't I think of this?" He murmured to himself. "Aaha!" He retrieved a blue sleeve file. "There it is. Turns out, I did sign a contract with him about this. I completely forgot about it," his smile was back. And it was brighter than ever. It made me smile widely.

He rushed over to grip me in a bear hug. I gasped for air, while he swung me around, like I weighed nothing. "Okay, grizzly bear. You're sqeashing me," I wheezed.

"You're a genius," he said pulling back with a smile. "Thank you," he said doing a little cheer.

"Is it going to work?" I asked warily. "The contract? Is it enough to stop him?"

"Oh it is," he said with confidence. He hugged me again. "Thank you. I was so stressed out that I didn't think about it," he pulled back again. "Let me set up a meeting with him, right away." He went to grab his phone. "Oh, I'm cooking dinner. What do you want to eat?" He asked me.

"Hey! What? It's my turn to cook," I protested.

"No, it's not," he rose a brow.

"Yes it is. You cooked yesterday," I glared at him and he only stuck his tongue out at me, before taking off to the kitchen. "Hey, you're being unfair!" I ran after him.

"Okay, let's cook together. How about that?" I pouted at him, crossing my arms. "You should be happy. What are we eating?" He asked me typing on his phone.

"Why is it always me who picks out what to eat?" I mumbled.

"I eat just about anything, Ethan. You're the picky one,"

"I'm not picky,"

"I don't want mushrooms. I don't want carrots on my plate. I don't want this today, I want th-"

"Okay! You've made your point," I said swatting his tattooed arm. "We could just order," I suggested.

"Why? You don't want me to cook?"

"No," I deadpanned. "You're being unfair,"

"On who?" He rose a brow.

"On...you," I grumbled under my breath.

"That doesn't make sense, Tarzan," he said.

"It does. You're always doing stuff and I feel bad,"

"No, that's a lie. You do the laundry and cleaning, majority of the time and I never complained. Let me do me, okay?" He said. "Besides, I don't mind," he shrugged grabbing everything we'd need.

"I guess," I said. I mean, he's right. I do the cleaning even when it's his turn. I barely keep track of who's doing who when it comes to cleaning. I do laundry almost everyday, if not every other day. The thing is, Brave's slow when it comes to cleaning. Not because he can't or won't. He wants to do things in his own time. And by the time he actually does anything, my OCD would have crippled me to the ground. It feels painful to see an unorganized room and dirty laundry or unmade bed. Or when he moves stuff from their original position.

I opted to just do everything in silence, because I know he'll probably object. And I secretly like cleaning. One thing I've taught him and was strict about, is packing away grocery. He knows the order to pack things. I don't let him touch the fridge because it's complicated for him. There are containers for almost everything and he doesn't understand that he needs to push the old stuff to the front first.

It drives me nuts.

We fell into a comfortable and cheerful conversation the whole time we were cooking and when we sat down to eat. He was back to his bubbly and annoying self and I'm glad that I could actually help him.

I wish I can tell him that I'm gay. I'm just too scared to do so. I know eventually he'll find out. It doesn't make me feel better. I just don't want our friendship to end. What if he doesn't want a gay friend? What if he...unfriends me and end up hating me?

The thought is enough to keep me mum. Now that I have someone who's interested in me, it's going to be hard hiding it. From him. Or my mom. I don't even know what to think of this thing with Reese and I.

I think I like him. At the same time, I'm sceptical about us. Something's pulling me back.

I want to like him though. He's nice and...hot. He makes me feel a certain way.

And he's my first kiss.

UNEDITED