| 1 |

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

I dreaded going back to school.

I stood in front of the mirror, eyeing myself. I adjusted the tshirt. My face looked different without the frames resting on the bridge of my nose.

Mom had finally convinced me to wear contacts and ditch the glasses. I adjusted my ponytail, pushing back the little strands back and away from my face.

"Honey, if you don't leave now, you'll be late for your first class," my mother's soft voice sounded from the doorway.

"I know mom," I sighed and grabbed my bags. "School's only an hour away. I'll be there in no time," I said.

"Hey now, don't strain yourself. You need enough time to settle, remember? Otherwise, you'll start stressing out and getting anxious," she let out knowingly. I fought the urge to roll my eyes, now that my glasses weren't here to hide it.

"I'll be fine, mom. Brave will be there," I was reassuring myself more than my mom.

"Say hi for me, will you? Tell him to come visit some time,"

"I will. Bye mom," I pressed a light kiss on her cheek, on my way out.

"Baby, wait. I didn't give you any mone-"

"Mom, it's fine. They've already sent me some money for this month," I turned to her. "Bursary, remember? They send an allowance too,"

"Is it enough though?" She stressed out.

"It's more than enough to get me drunk for the whole month," I teased. She gave me a warning look.

"Hey now, don't do that to me. You need to focus, baby,"

"I know mama. I will,"

I paid the cab driver as soon as he parked outside my Resident. Townley Willard Resident. That's where I stay, on Campus.

"Thank you sir," I said quickly before the driver took off. I gathered all of my bag and strained my arms. It's better than leaving my bags unattended, outside. And making two trips.

I checked in with the security available on duty and got the keys to my room, before I made my way through the endless passage before reaching room 203.

I cringed as soon as I cracked the door open, to hear loud sounds. Moaning sounds. "Oh shi- Ethan!" Brave yelled from the inside.

I should have known.

I closed the door quickly, ignoring my face heating up and walked down a good distance to steer away from the nasty sounds. Leaning against the wall, I sat down in one of my duffle bags and sighed.

I texted my mother to let her know I was safe, while waiting for Mr Manwhore to finish whatever he's doing in there. The first day of the second semester hasn't even begun and he's already on it. Ugh.

I have about an hour before I need to get to my first class. I only have three and then I'll be making my way to Cafe, where I work, part time. Whilst everyone in this university was rich and coming from a wealthy family, I got in through an anonymous Bursary Scheme that my mother refuses to tell me about.

They basically pay for anything that involves academics. They're even generous enough to give me a monthly allowance of R5000. It's more than enough for someone who's living well of a house won through divorce and inheritance from my father, Brian Waverley.

I still work anyway. Because it keeps me busy and I'd rather be at work than sit here with Mr Manwhore, who has a woman every other weekend. I could also use the extra cash to spoil myself every now and then. Nothing too strenuous. Basically, I have a stable financial condition, though it's not as big as the students who make sure to flash their money.