Striking out

(A few days after the previous chapter)

(Geralt and Arivan are sharpening their swords in the courtyard when all of a sudden, Ciri storms through the gate, clearly frustrated)

Ciri: It's not working, don't you see?!

Avallac'h: Discouraged after a mere eight attempts? Zireael-

Ciri: How many times must I try?

Avallac'h: As many as it takes

Ciri: But I'm not getting anywhere!

(Avallac'h looks over to Geralt, who nods, amd he walks away)

Avallac'h: We shall return to this later

Geralt: I didn't make it far my first time out on the gauntlet either

Ciri: Geralt, please, not now. By comparison, the gauntlet was a walk in the park. But that's not the point

Geralt: Then what is?

Ciri: Avallac'h says nothing will come of this until I stop getting "distracted". For example, thinking about the battle. But at the moment, I find it impossible to fill my head with kittens and vanilla pudding. Tell me, how do you do it?

Geralt: Do what?

Ciri: Always manage to pull yourself together and focus no matter what's happening?

Geralt: Hmm. There's a certain ancient method. Vesemir taught it to me, and Barmin taught it to him

Ciri: Will you take me to the mountains and drink hemlock?

Geralt: The skellige druids have used it for centuries. It always works

(Geralt picks up a handful of snow and throws it onto Ciri)

Ciri: Hey! You'll regret that!

(Ciri makes a snowball and throws it at Geralt, hitting him in the chest)

(Geralt throws a snowball at Ciri, but she teleports away, and it hits Arivan right in the face)

Ciri: Ha! You have a snow-beard!

Arivan: Oh, it's on now!

(Arivan throws a snowball at Ciri, and it hits her directly)

(Ciri squeals from the sudden blast of cold, and hits Arivan with a snowball)

(Geralt throws a snowball at Ciri, but she teleports away)

Geralt: Hey, that's cheating!

Ciri: Wimp!

Geralt: We'll see about that!

(Geralt, Arivan, and Ciri start to have a three way snowball fight in the snow covered courtyard of Kaer Morhen)

(Geralt uses his enhanced witcher senses to pinpoint Ciri's teleportation movements and hit her with snowballs. Hitting Arivan with snowballs is a lot easier)

(Ciri uses her mobility to pelt Geralt and Arivan with snowballs)

Arivan: If you can use magic, so can I!

(Arivan uses magic to create a bunch of floating snowballs, and they hit Geralt and Ciri like a machine gun of snowballs)

(Ciri teleports behind Arivan and drops a bunch of snow into the back his shirt)

Arivan: HAH! It's so cold! And it's in my pants too!

(Ciri laughs until she gets a bunch of snow dropped onto her from above by Arivan's magic)