Chapter Eleven

Rayden

She stares at me, frozen in place. I think I broke her. I laugh and grab her face bringing her lips close to mine. "Marry me Liv, I don't want to live another second without you being mine," I whisper against them.

Her eyes meet mine as she bits her bottom lip. A smile rises on her face. "Are you sure?"

"I have always been sure. Our parents matched us when we were babies. Since the day I took my first steps you have been there for me, cheering me on. When I said my first words, you were there. The first time I ever embarrassed myself. The first time I ever fell in love. The first person I ever gave my body to. You were the one, Olivia. You have always been the one, and I will not let 5 years ruin the 16 we spent falling in love. So, Marry Me. Don't let me have to spend another second without you."

An endless stream of tears run down her cheek. "God, your cheesiness never faded. Yes Rayden, I'll marry you," she kisses me, and I savor the scent of cinnamon. I pull her further into me, deepening the kiss.

Our tongues dance around each other's mouths as I take control, gently laying her back on the mattress. She unbuttons her blouse, and I sit on my heels admiring her beautiful body sprawled out in front of me.

"You're so beautiful." She blushes at my compliment, and I grab her leg trailing kisses up her thigh. "Tomorrow," I say, looking up to her. She tilts her head in confusion. "Marry me tomorrow."

"Rayden, you're serious?"

"Dead serious," I smirk. She matches my smile and reaches her arms up for me to pull her to me.

"Tomorrow then," she answers and connects our lips. She chuckles against my lips, biting them as I grab her neck, slamming her down into the bed.

"Mmm such a rough lover," she moans. I dig my nails into her skin and attach my lips to her neck. I sink my teeth into her neck, sucking hard as she gasps at the pain. My hands grip her hips, pulling her clothed center to mine. Just as I'm about to remove her panties, the alarm rings. She sighs and falls back into the bed. "Duty calls," she yells.

I chuckle and jump off her, throwing on my uniform. I see her prop herself up on her elbow, watching me put on my boots. She looks to the light stack at the color. "What does orange mean?"

"Vehicle accident." Her eyes widen, and she swings her leg to the edge of the bed, sitting up.

"Be safe please."

I smirk at her. "I'm always safe."

"You lying ass. I heard all about what you do around here." She pulls me to her, "I can't lose you, please stay safe." I smile against her lips, giving her a quick kiss.

"I love you Liv," I say, walking to the door.

"I love you too, baby," she says, falling back on the bed groaning.

***

The unit gets to the scene, and it's terrible. A motorcyclist is lying under a flipped car. We run to the car and instantly see a trail of gas running from the bike's tank. People are trapped in the vehicle. "Go help the biker," Jason says.

I move to the other side of the car and see the rider pinned underneath it, screaming out in pain. The rest of the team comes running up with the jaws of life, cutters, spreaders, rams, and blocks to stabilize the car, so it doesn't move and crush the biker even more.

Using the cutters, they get the people out of the car. Once the roof was removed, they put the spreaders in the door, hoping that if they removed everyone from the vehicle, they could then lift the car off the trapped biker. They pull out the last family member from the car, and immediately begin lifting it.