CHAPTER 34: Friendship

A/N: I'm really sorry to those who waited. I just recovered my account just now so I'll make sure to complete this 2Yeon story. 

JIHYO'S POV

"Jeong, aren't you starving?" I asked while knocking on her room's door.

She hasn't come out since we got home last night and I'm sure that she's starving now.

"Jeong...I know you're hungry, please come out and eat now." I uttered while still knocking at her door.

"I think you need to give her some time alone" Dahyun muttered 

"That's right" Chaeyoung commented

I can feel the depth of Jeong's pain. Just yesterday, I saw her cry endlessly for the second time, and the first instance was when her dad was shot. Jeong...she's always been a pillar of strength, but seeing her plead with Nayeon not to leave, with tears streaming down her face, it truly breaks my heart as her friend. I can't even be sure if Nayeon gave her a proper explanation, but it fills me with anger to witness Jeong hurt by the same person twice.

"I wonder what is Nayeon's explanation this time" Dahyun stated.

"Let's just refrain from mentioning her name" I commented

"Were you able to talk to her?" Mina asks while sitting on the couch.

"We wanted to but she really does not want to go out" Dahyun answered and went straight to the kitchen 

"What have you guys prepared?" Jeong suddenly asked while walking downstairs with her messy bunned hair and puffy eyes

We weren't able to notice that she was already downstairs.

None of us dared to speak. We knew that Jeong's trying hard to act as if she was okay but we knew that she was not. We knew what happened and she can't hide the fact that she's really not okay.

"I know you guys have heard me. Did you cook, Jihyo?"

"Yes, I did. I prepared soup for you" I quickly answered

"What's with that look? And why soup? I'm not sick" She uttered while smirking

"You know it's hard for us when you pretend that you're okay, right?" I directly asked her without hesitation.

"I do but should I always need to act like that? Should I always need to bother you guys? I know that I'm your friend but you also have your personal life, your personal problems" She answered then smiled.

"You know we're not just friends here, we're family" Dahyun stated while walking from the kitchen with an apple in her hand.

"That's so uncool bro..." Chaeng commented to Dahyun

"But really, Jeong, we're always here for you" Chaeng immediately added

I quickly stood up and hugged Jeong, causing the rest to also hug her.

"Awww. You guys are sweet and I hate it" someone suddenly uttered 

"TZUYU-YAAAH" I shouted upon seeing Tzuyu at the door

"Why are you here? Why are you back? When did you come back?" Chaeng bombarded Tzuyu with questions.

"Really? Shouldn't you welcome me first and give me a hug?" Tzuyu sarcastically answered

"She can welcome you without a hug" Mina commented while smirking

Tzuyu just smiled at Mina and then went straight to Chaeng to give her a hug. This girl is obviously teasing Mina, and Jeong has been laughing hard at Mina's reaction.

I guess it's good timing that Tzuyu's back, she can at least divert Jeong's attention and make Jeong laugh.

"Where's the immature woman living rent-free with you guys?" Tzuyu blatantly asked

Ohh, sh*t. I guess I'm wrong, why did I even think of that?

"She left for good" Jeong straightly answered, obviously displaying a fake smile.

"What? Is she okay already?" Tzuyu continuously asked without noticing that Dahyun had been signaling her to stop asking questions about Nayeon.

"I don't know. I guess she is. She dumped me again so it's reasonable to say that she's indeed okay now." Jeong answered

"So why are you suddenly back?" I asked Tzuyu, obviously trying to change the topic.

"My brother's back in Taiwan to help Mom with her business so I decided to go back for good now" Tzuyu answered

"Have you eaten already?" Chaeng asked while playing with Mina's hand

"Can you ask me again? This time, make sure that you're not flirting with Mina" Tzuyu jokingly commented

"Whatever yoda" Chaeng muttered while still holding hands with Mina

"Where's Sana and Momo?" Tzuyu curiously asked while looking around.

"They're jam-packed with schedules" Mina plainly answered

I sometimes thought that Mina might be jealous of the two since the two already debuted while she's stuck with nothing and she's just waiting for their company's command on when she'll be able to debut but seeing her with Chae makes me realize that sometimes it's better to live a normal life than to be an idol. At least Mina's able to date freely without being judged by the public.

"Since you're back, how about a movie marathon?" Dahyun suggested while clinging on to Tzuyu's arms

"Really? I mean, I just came back. Can I eat first?" Tzuyu jokingly answered

"What did you guys prepare?" Tzuyu asked the same question as Jeong had asked earlier.

"Jihyo cooked soup" Jeong answered while smiling

"Why soup?" Tzuyu curiously asked

"I don't know. She must have thought that I was sick but I'm literally not" Jeong commented while laughing

I know Jeong. She's pretending. She's trying hard to act as if she's fine but she's really not.

I'm hoping that we could at least set a plan to enjoy ourselves, that way I can be assured that everyone, not only Jeong, will have a good time.