Café

Again these few ones with be quite short!

We arrive at the café, it looks the same as it always does. It has greenery around the side of the building, making it pop out more, with tables for seating inside and out.

"So where is everyone at? Don't tell me it's closed" Vanitas looks frustrated, like he might punch a wall.

"Well, Vanitas it is 3 in the morning.." I almost flinched saying that, I thought Vanitas would surely kill me for that obvious statement. Why did he even wake me up that early? I know he can't sleep, but don't make me suffer as well.

Vanitas smacks his face in frustration. "Well I don't think it will be any good going inside when no one is around, we'll have to wait outside." I want to smack my own face in frustration.

"Why don't we head back to the hotel till dawn?" I would like to sleep more.

"There is a possibility that the beast may come back to the café again, we can't risk the chance of not catching it here." With him making a fair point, I agreed.

We both sit on the bench, I start looking around even though I have this place memorized, it still intrigues me to look. I'm so tired, there is no reason I should have been awoken. Did he honestly think 3 in the morning was a good time to arrive at a restaurant? Though he didn't know it was a café, he could have waited to talk with Dante, but again... After a little while of just thinking, examining, and pouting to myself I start to feel my eyes getting heavier, maybe one little nap couldn't hurt.

"Noé? Are you awake yet, the café is open and I don't want people to start staring." I wake up on vanitas's shoulder.

Did I see that correctly? His shoulder?

I quickly raise my head. "Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep."

"Yeah, don't do it again, especially not on me." He looks away and crosses his arms. Like he always does when he's frustrated.

"Well, why didn't you wake me up?" I say annoyed.

"Because I did wake you up a little earlier than I should have, 3AM is a bit stupid of me. But don't get used to the sympathy, idiot." Vanitas gets up and looks at me, confused.

"Are you ganna start walking, or are you just going to continue napping on the bench?"

"I'm coming." I get up from the bench, it was not a very comfortable bed.

Vanitas is acting a bit strange. A month ago, if I were to accidentally fall asleep on his shoulder he probably would have hit me in the head with his book. For some odd reason this time he let me, he let me lay on his shoulder, and sleep. Yet again we have made some changes in our relationship.

We enter the café to such marvellous decor, I may have seen this café a million times, almost every day. But that doesn't stop me from being impressed, the intricate formal wear, the beautiful designs on the windows, it was all so glamorous!

"Earth to noé? Dont tell me your falling asleep again?" Vanitas stoped tapping me, not that I felt them anyway.

"Im not, just dazing."

"Dazing? But you work here.. Whatever, where is the staff room?" Vanitas looks at me with such confidence.

"Staff room? We cant just waltz in there vanitas!"

"Why cant we? You work here right, I see no point in not going in?"

"No, we don't have permission to go in there, im not working right now. Lets just sit at a table and examine for now." Vanitas sighs, knowing im right.

"I still think my ideas better, but I suppose I'm a little hungry."

We sit at a table near the entrance, just in case the malnoman decides to attack. Though thats very unlikely in a crowd, but vanitas insisted. I wasn't upset about the seat, it was right near a window with an amazing view of the outside.

"So do you have any idea which of the staff members could be a suspect?" I sat there stuffing my face with the food I ordered barely listening. It was always amazing.

"Nope." The only thing left on my plate is crums.

"You really don't suspect, anyone?" Vanitas looks disappointed.

"Not that I can think of, all of them seemed to be mere humans to me. The only one doing out of the ordinary things was me." I giggle. Remembering the first day on my job where I lifted 50 pound boxes like they were paper. The stares I received that day were obviously not the ones you would give to a soon to be respected co-worker.

"You're no help." Vanitas looks down at his breakfast picking at the bits and pieces.

We sat there still, chatting about random things, and wondering what we were even still doing there. After about 3 hours of just sitting there, we get startled by a sudden scream that came from the kitchen.

"Is that our cue vanitas?" I jump out of my chair.

"I suppose." We both rush to the kitchen where the scream came from.

"Whats the matter, is everyone alright?" I say calmly while entering the kitchen.