The Start

Sometimes life is hard, especially this one. I've heard so many stories about other worlds that sound much easier then the one I've lived through so far, but I don't actually think they exist... Or do they?

"Get up Noé!"

Vanitas screams, making me fall off my bed, again. It was inevitable, I always wake up already half way off the side anyway.

"Vanitas I'm tired, what is so important for you to tell me that you have to shout?" I clench my pillow tighter as if I was hoping it was Louis. You know, as any average person would..

"Well, there's a new curse bearer that needs our assistance. So get your lazy ass up." I look up from the floor to see vanitas putting on his weird-looking coat. No offense or anything, but it was way to big for his size, and sometimes the back would lift up and it look as if he had a giant ass, from certain angles at least.

"Cant I sleep in for a little while longer Vanitas?", I say while already beginning to fall asleep, I didn't think I needed an answer, he cant always boss me around. Then (Of course.) I feel a hand grab my hair and pull it, already knowing who it was.

"Vanitas that hurts!" I struggle to remove his hand off my strands of hair. It did hurt, like hell.

"Then get up. I'm too impatient to wait, so get ready and let's be off." Vanitas lets off my hair, thankfully.

"Fine," As I get up, Vanitas sits back on his bed to wait for me.

After I get dressed, we both head out to gather some details on where or what the curse bearer is from Dante.

"Well.. since this information was a little harder to get by, you might need to pay a little extra this time." Dante grins.

"No way baldy, I'm paying you the usual amount or I'll just find the curse bearer on my own." Vanitas crosses his arms. Probably knowing that he was way worse off without Dante, but said that out of spite.

"Fine, fine. Regular price. Here's what I've found out." He takes a minute to grab a crinkled up newspaper from his pocket.

"The curse bearer takes the body of the victim he/she killed and hides it in a different realm, to hide the evidence. Only a couple of people have witnessed it, but that explains the missing people recently."

Vanitas opens his book, flips a couple of pages then closes it again. I wonder again what's in that book, he rereads it every night, but won't it get boring? How could vanitas not memorize it by now?

"I think I recognize the malnoman. Do you know where they were last reported to be seen?"

"It seems to of been last reported near a café, here in town," Dante says, then starts looking at me.

Café? Does he mean to say the one I work at? Theres many Café's in town, surely not mine.

"You mean Noés job?" Vanitas said confusingly.

"Yeah." Dante hands vanitas the newspaper showing some extra details including the ones he's already told us. Vanitas then looks back at me holding the newspaper in his hands.

"So Noé, have you noticed any weird behaviour at work?"

"No? I'm sure I could tell if there was a portal near me. Or at least another vampire." I'm sure of it.

"Whatever you say then." Vanitas shrugs. "let's head there first and ask the employees if they've seen anything, that you haven't."

Vanitas' put the newspaper in one of his coat pockets, and with saying our goodbyes we both start walking towards the café, to think a curse bearer was right next to me. I notice everything in a room, the designs, the people, the architecture. That's absurd, to think another vampire is working there, it's weird I never found out..

Vanitas stopped walking, "Something up Vanitas?" I say stopping with him.

"Noé," He looked back at me staring into my eyes, the eyes you see when you see people show a sign of doubt, the eyes I've seen him used many of times to look at me.

"We must be careful, this malnoman can send us through portals anytime, and we most likely will get sent through one, so stay near me. Once we find the curse bearer we must gain their true name, immediately."

He didn't look away. He stood there blankly staring trying interpret my understanding most likely.

"Understood." He turns away, breaking eye contact. We start walking in the direction of the café yet again.

-

I made this story with intent to share my idea with the world and for people to read and enjoy this story. Not everything I write is perfect or great, but I will always work to improve my writing as years go by. The story is in first person, that person being Noé Archiviste! All events take place after chapter 57, also I have dyslexia so my writing most likely will have spelling mistakes (But I look over it about 50 times before I publish so it should all be good). Hope you enjoy this story!