5-

That week was probably the hardest one of my life. I was desperate to meet you again. All I did was think about you, how you had smiled, and how your laugh had been music to my ears and then there was your voice too; it was euphonious in itself.

I just wanted to see your face again, and see the beautiful smile that graced your beautiful lips, and listen to your soft voice.

I was crazy about you. In the beginning, I had refused to accept it, but after that day in the café, I couldn’t deny it anymore. That day everything had fallen in place for me, and that day, I had realized that I was crazy about you.

I still couldn’t explain the warm feeling I’d get each time the thought of you came into my mind, I still couldn’t explain the connection I felt with you, but, I was badly attracted to you, and in a way, I feared it.

I was afraid of these feelings and the fact that every single molecule in my body was crazy about you. No one had ever made me feel this way, and I was scared of these things.

But, nonetheless, I wanted to see you more than anything. Even though I was scared of these foreign feelings inside me, yet, every inch of my entire being wanted to be with you.   

Days passed, and finally the long awaited day came. A smile was found on my lips first thing I woke up. And I smiled even more when I thought about my smile that was caused by the fact that I was going to see you again.  

Every passing minute was hard for me, and with every passing second, I grew impatient.

When noon came, I changed and wore a jacket and left my house and walked to the café.

I was feeling so many different emotions inside me; happiness, joy, curiosity, nervousness.

I opened the door, and entered the warm café; the smells of different types of coffees and sweets suddenly hitting my senses, making me smile a little.

I sat at a table at the far corner of the café, looking outside as I waited for you. Someone cleared their throat beside me, and I looked up to find you standing near the table.

“Hi,” you said, as you took a seat in front of me and smiled.

“Hey,” I smiled too.

“Did I keep you waiting for long?” you asked with a little guilt in your voice.

“No, no, I just came here a few minutes ago,” I told you and you nodded.

After some talk, we ordered something to eat, while you just talked to me. I liked listening to your voice, and I didn’t want to stop listening to it. It was so feathery and soft.

“Yoongi? Are you okay?” you asked after a while.

I cleared my throat and looked away as heat rose to my cheeks. I had been staring at you again.

“So, you said your friend own this place, yeah?” you asked me, taking a bite out of your chocolate donut.

I nodded and you smiled.

“Have you been friends with him for long?” you asked me.

“Yeah, since I can remember,” I told you.

You smiled and my heart swelled.

The way you smiled at every little thing was so fascinating and beautiful. As we talked more, I grew more comfortable. All the nervousness left my body, as I eased up and conversed with you.

And as I had guessed, music was your life as much as it was mine. We had so much in common; we enjoyed quietness, preferred silence over talking, music over the world, and so much more. We even had the same choice of coffee.

I was so glad to have finally found someone who understood me and related to me. I smiled as you told me about your likes and dislikes and things in general, and we laughed together when you told me something silly about you.

Everything about you was beautiful and enchanting.

We kept talking about random things until we both realized it was quite late and it was already very dark outside.

“Yoongi, I think I should go now, it’s almost eight,” you said.

I nodded. We got up, paid for the food and left the café together.

It was getting colder, as we came outside. I told you I’d take you home since it was night and I didn’t want you to go alone. You nodded and let me walk you home, which, you told me, wasn’t too far from the café.

We walked in a comfortable silence, listening to the occasional sounds of cars passing by in the otherwise empty streets. I looked at you and saw your cheeks turning red due to the cold air, under the faint street lights.

I smiled as I saw the scene beside me. You looked really cute.

After ten minutes of walking, you stopped in front of a cozy looking small house.

“This will be it,” you said as you turned to face me, a smile gracing your beautiful lips.

I couldn’t stop staring at you. Even in the faint light, you looked ethereal to me; almost as if you were glowing, and maybe you were.

“Yoongi?” you spoke softly.

“Hmm?? Yeah?? I’m sorry, I kind of zoned out,” I told you, whispering the last part, and you smiled.

“This is my house. I’d tell you to come inside, but I’m not going to, because I want you to get home safely as soon as possible,” you told me. I nodded.

“Thankyou for today, it was really fun , and I’m really glad to have met you,” you told me.

Heat made its way to my cheeks and fortunately it was dark so you couldn’t see it.

Then you did the most shocking thing. You suddenly hugged me. I tensed a little at first due to the sudden physical contact, but soon I wrapped my arms around you and hugged you back.

You pulled away and once again, if it weren’t for the dark night, you would have seen the disappointment on my face.

“Night, Yoongi, see you,” you told me.

I was about to say the same but then something popped into my head.

“Wait, when are we going to meet again? And you said you’d tell me your name but you didn’t,” I said as you looked at my face.

“Next week, same place, same time” you told me.

I nodded. “And what about your name?”

“My name is Min Jee,” you said and then you smiled a little and went inside your house, leaving me staring at the closed gate.

I recovered a few moments later.

Min Jee, huh. That’s a pretty name.

And smiling to myself, I walked back home in the cold night, suddenly feeling very warm and content.