2-

The first time we met, the first time I heard you play; it was the day, the moment that changed my life.

I

saw you sitting in the centre of the huge stage, playing the piano with so much passion; a passion that I’ve never seen before. Your beautiful form sat in front of the piano, playing it with your eyes closed, as your delicate fingers ran over the keys gracefully.

Each note you played held so much significance in it. The song you played held so much pain and sorrow in it. I was mesmerized.  I had never heard anyone tell their story to the piano in this delicate of a way, and that being a story of loss and sorrow too.  

The rest enjoyed the melody but I understood the emotion. I understood your suffering in each and every note.

I felt your loss and your sadness.

I felt what you told to the piano and I understood your story of loss and pain. I felt what you felt. And in that moment I knew that I was drawn to you.

Before I knew it, the song was over. A part of me felt disappointed. Your music was like a blessing to my ears, and when it stopped suddenly, it left me disorientated.

Everyone else present there stood up, clapping and cheering, enjoying the music and praising it, but what I saw next broke my heart. A tear fell out of your eye but no one seemed to notice it.

It seemed as if your tears were as invisible to them as was your pain. I couldn’t explain why my heart broke at the sight of seeing a stranger cry, but maybe a part of me felt connected to you; connected to your music.

I slowly made my way towards the stage. I wasn’t sure you wanted company at the moment but something in me urged me to run towards you and hold you in my embrace.

From the very first moment I was drawn to you.

I came closer and you looked at me. Your eyes were a little red. But what left me entranced was your beauty. Up close, you looked even more beautiful; you looked ethereal.

Your snow white skin, your blue eyes, your rosy cheeks and pink lips, your perfect nose, and your long, black hair; everything about you had me captivated. It got me thinking, is someone allowed to be this perfect?

In a way, you seemed illegal.
Your lavender colored dress hugged your petite and beautiful body perfectly. And when light fell on you, I saw your form glowing.

Your light makeup and smooth eye liner made you look even more gorgeous than you already were. And I found myself staring into your blue orbs.

I couldn’t speak for a moment. I had never seen someone as beautiful as you. You looked like a goddess. Everything about you was perfect.
But the fact that you had been shedding tears of sorrow a moment ago broke my heart a little. I couldn’t understand who would hurt someone as perfect and delicate as you.

I guess the delicateness and the perfectness was what brought you even more pain. You were fragile and you were sensitive. 

You wiped your tears away and asked me if I wanted something. Your voice was soft and delicate. It was the softest, most beautiful voice I had ever heard.

I shook my head and told you that I wanted to make sure you were doing okay since you were crying, and I was worried.

You smiled a little, and my heart fluttered. You were certainly non-human. Just a smile could make you look a thousand times more gorgeous and breathtaking. That wasn’t even humanly possible, but you somehow made it.

“No one has ever asked me that,” you said, giving me a sad smile. But even then, even in your fragile form, you looked glorious. Your voice was filled with honey. I was tongue tied.

I looked at you, not knowing what to say and how to reply.

“Yes, I’m fine,” was all you said and before I knew it, I was standing on the stage alone.

You had left.

I wanted to stop you. But I was a nobody; a complete stranger. How could I have stopped you? Would it have been right if I had at least asked your name right then and there?

I shrugged it off at the moment, immersing myself in my own music. But that night I couldn’t sleep. The image of you playing the piano alluringly kept repeating in my head
.
And for the next few days, I couldn’t focus on a single thing.