A look of realization covers Nancy's face. "Blood."

Gwen points at Nancy. "Right! They were all bleeding."

"That could just be a coincidence." Jonathan argues.

Gwen shrugs. "Sure, it could be. But I stayed up reading my biology textbook for once, and I found something. Sharks can detect blood in one part per million from a quarter mile away. They're predators just like that monster. And it seems to only hunt at night and alone, like a bear."

"So, it can detect blood and it hunts at night?" Nancy clarifies.

Gwen takes a deep breath. "It's just a theory. But if we try it out, and it works... at least we'll be ready."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Gwen, Jonathan, and Nancy came up with a plan to kill the monster once and for all, but to do that, they need supplies. So, they're currently in a hunting store, searching the isles for weapons and anything that can be useful.

Jonathan examines a can of gasoline, Nancy's holding a metal hammer, and Gwen finds a box of nails.

They all meet up and look at bear traps on a shelf, glancing at each other. Jonathan grabs the bear trap before heading to the front counter where they all throw their stuff on the counter and look at the cashier.

Gwen clasps her hands behind her back to keep them still, and rolls her lips in her mouth. The cashier looks at all of them uneasy.

"And I'll have four boxes of the .38's," Jonathan adds.

The cashier grabs the boxes and begins to ring everything up. "What you kids doin' with all this?"

"Monster hunting!" Gwen jumps in, putting her arms around Jonathan and Nancy's shoulders, a smile on her face.

The cashier raises an eyebrow at the girl before shrugging and continuing to ring everything up.

They all carry out their purchases, bringing them to Jonathan's car. Gwen takes the box in Jonathan's hands so that he can unlock his trunk.

"Monster hunting?" Jonathan asks with an amused smile.

Gwen shrugs. "We are going to kick a monster's ass, aren't we?"

Jonathan shakes his head and takes the box from Gwens hands to put it in the trunk.

"You know, last week," Nancy starts. "I was shopping for a new top I thought steve might like. It took me and Barb all weekend. It seemed like life or death, you know?" Nancy laughs. "And... and now-"

"You're shopping for bear traps with Jonathan Byers and Gwen Henderson." Jonathan finishes, closing the trunk.

"Yeah."

Gwen claps her hands. "What a trio!"

Jonathan laughs and turns to Nancy. "What's the weirdest part? Us or the bear traps?"

"You guys. It's definitely you guys."

All three of them chuckle but are cut off by a car horn. "Hey, Nance!" Reed, a boy from school that Gwen can't stand, is hanging his arm out the window as he drives by. "Can't wait to see your movie," he smirks and drives off, but not without a subtle wave to Gwen.