22

__

-September 17th, 1997-__

__

Pansy still hasn't talked to me. I don't blame her.

She wanted the truth and I gave it to her.

Friends are a distraction either way.

"Would you quit hitting the stupid damn wall!?" Theodore shouts as he stands up and goes face to face with Mattheo.

Mattheo turns his head in Theodore's direction slowly. Taking a step forward so they're inches apart from each other's faces. "Don't test me Nott, you know I'll beat your ass. Especially right now." Mattheo warns shoving Theodore's shoulder.

"Quit it. Stop being so damn immature." I mutter, looking out of the window.

They both take a seat on the couch and face the floor. No one saying anything.

I get tired of the silence.

"Pansy hates us. She wanted the truth she got it, blah blah blah. Focus." I clap my hands together. "We need to finish this task, if not we're dead meat. So get your head in the game. We need to start finding a way to get the vanishing cabinet to work, and we need the opal necklace." I say quietly, not wanting anyone to hear us.

"Fine." Mattheo mutters, rolling his eyes.

I look at the two besties and see them both nod in agreement.

Great.

"So-." Before I can finish my sentence the common room door opens and Ass-grass appears.

She looks a bit flushed, her eyes are a little bit wide, her face pale. Hmm. "What are you guys doing?" Ass-grass asks, looking at all of us suspiciously.

"None of your fucking-"

"What do you want Astoria, I'm not quite in the mood for your shit." Draco sighs, standing up from the couch and walking to her.

His walk is so elegant and classy. Just like every Malfoy.

Ass-grass looks over Draco's shoulder and stares at me for a while. I raise an eyebrow at her and she quickly looks away.

"Well?"

"Right." Ass-grass mumbles, composing herself. "I was just coming to tell you if you wanted to perhaps go to the three broomsticks with me?" I rest my chin on my palm and watch this interaction go.

This shall be fun.

"Astoria I've told you before that I'm very busy, stop insisting." Draco huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

Just as Ass-grass is about to respond Adrian walks in and starts walking towards me. "I've got you a surprise." I smile softly, looking at him in confusion.

Gift? Right now?

Adrian reaches into his pocket and takes out a beautiful silver necklace that has a small silver moon on it. He hands it to me and I can't help my smirk growing wider.

"It's beautiful, thank you." I give him a light peck on the lips before turning around, so that he can put the necklace on me.

His warm fingers touch the back of the neck and I lean into the touch. Waiting patiently for him to finish clipping the necklace together.

"There we go."

I turn around and smile at him once more. "Thank you Adrian." He gives me a cheeky smile before giving me a forehead kiss.

Mattheo clears his throat awkwardly and I remember that there are other people in the room. "Well this is cute and all, but I must be on my way." Mattheo claps giving my shoulder a squeeze as he walks out of the common room.

Theodore walks out right behind him, not saying a word.

"Let's go for a walk, I don't have classes anytime soon." I say grabbing a hold of Adrian's hand. He nods and smiles as we walk out of the common room, hand in hand.

Right as we're walking out I see that ass-grass is slightly glaring at us. And Draco is looking down at the floor.

Ignoring them, I walk out and continue my walk with my boyfriend.

"So what's going on with you and pans? Mostly everyone is saying how you two are like in a fight, or that you stopped being friends

"So what's going on with you and pans? Mostly everyone is saying how you two are like in a fight, or that you stopped being friends." Adrian asks.

Great. Just fucking great.

"Can we not talk about her right now?" I sigh, kicking little rocks from the pathway.

Adrian nods slowly, still giving me a questioning look.

I know he wants to ask more and I feel terrible not being able to tell him anything either.

"We have quidditch practice today in the afternoon, Flint just told me a few hours ago." Adrian says, looking straight ahead.

"Ok."

The rest of our walk is silent, not awkward silence but a comfortable silence. One that makes me feel safe and calm.

"Quinn!" Someone shouts from behind making both me and Adrian stop.

I turn around to see Daphne looking at me weirdly, before she points towards the castle. "You need to come. It's urgent."

"What's wrong?" I ask, letting go of Adrian's hand.

"Just come." Daphne pleads, making me nod slowly. I give Adrian an apologic look before following behind Daphne, who quickly leads me into the castle.

WORD COUNT: 838