CHAPTER XV

"Pardon the mess people," B.E.N chuckles. "You'd think in 100 years I would've dusted a little more often, but you know, when you're batchin' it, you tend to let things go."

They all looked around the 'room'. It was covered in moss on the inside too and in one corner rubbish and antiques were stacked on top of each other.

"Aww," B.E.N cooed, "Isn't that sweet?"

Delbert carries Amelia bridal style and laid her down to rest against some kind of dent or something similar looking.

"I find old-fashioned romance so touching, don't you? How about drinks for the happy couple?" B.E.N says happily, grabbing a tray filled with 'glasses' of strangely colored liquids that bubbled and had wrenches and other tools sticking out.

"Oh, uh, ooh," Delbert winces. "Uh, no. Thank you, we don't drink, and we're not a couple."

[name] lets his eyes sweep over everything, the hieroglyphs indented in the walls were big and [name] spun around to try and look at them all.

"Look at these markings," Delbert changes the topic of conversation. "They're identical to the ones on the map. I suspect they're hieroglyphic remnants of an ancient culture."

[name] hummed in agreement as he lowered his head and looked over at Amelia.

"Mr. Hawkins, Mr. Wisteria, stop anyone who tries to approach," Amelia commands, hissing and groaning in pain.

"Yes, yes, now listen to me!" Delbert interjects. "Stop giving orders for a few milliseconds and lie still."

"Very forceful, Doctor," Amelia smirks with a half dazed expression. "Go on, say something else."

Delbert smiles softly at her, until he's interrupted by B.E.N screaming and waving their arms.

"Hey, look! There's some more of your buddies!" They shout loudly.

[name]'s eyes widen and he grabs Jim's arm and drags him down to the floor.

"Hey, fellas! We're here fellas!" B.E.N welcomes them loudly.

[name] carefully peeks over the edge and sees that the pirates had all their guns pointed right at them.

"Shit," [name] swears as they start shooting.

Purple rays were shooting at B.E.N, causing them to yelp and dodge them quickly. Jim pulls B.E.N down and ducks below to avoid being shot. [name] takes a deep breath and peek out of the opening of the house to return some of the fire, but with the pirates also firing it was a bit hard to aim at anything.

"Stop wastin' your fire!" Silver shouts.

The pirates obey Silver, lowering their guns, ultimately ceasing their fire. Jim reloads his gun, looking over the edge as he hears Silver's voice. On the other side [name] looks at Jim and furrows his brows.

"Hello up there!" Silver calls.

[name] looks over the edge with Jim, to see Silver waving a white flag.

"Jimbo? Lad?" He asks. "If it's alright with the Captain, I'd like a short word you two. No tricks, just a little palaver."

Jim and [name] exchange looks, the knot between [name]'s eyebrows harden. They both look over at Amelia for permission.

"Come to bargain for the map, doubtless," Amelia manages to get out, despite her injury. "Pestilential—"

"Captain," Delbert drew out the word, as if he was scolding her.

"That means, he still thinks we have it," Jim smirks.

Jim and [name] step out of B.E.N's home and approach Silver. Morph flies up to him, chattering excitedly.