CHAPTER V

"Escaping chores was good while it lasted.." I sigh to myself.

"That woman! That... That feline!" Delbert growls and throws his hands up in the air. "Who does she think is working for whom!"

I look over my shoulder, to see a slightly agitated Mr. Arrow.

"It's me and [Name]'s map, and she's got us bussin' tables?" Jim angrily growls to Delbert, who is just as angry as Jim.

I step out of the way of Mr. Arrow as he launches forward, grabbing their shoulders.

They both let out a shriek and jump, "I will not tolerate a cross word about our Captain!" Jim looks over at me as I walk ahead of them. "There is no finer officer in this or any galaxy."

As I'm walking further down the room, I hear someone whistling a small tune. I close my eyes and listen, until I hear Mr. Arrow.

"Mr. Silver?" He calls.

"Why, Mr. Arrow, sir!" A gruff voice, with a heavy accent greets. I see a pretty big figure moving around in the steam. As the person, I assume is Mr. Silver, continues, "bringin' in such fine and distinguished gents, to grace my humble galley!" My [E.Color] eyes widen when he comes into view, and I feel every fiber of my muscles tense.

A cyborg...

"Had I known, I'd have tucked in me shirt!" Silver laughs and I notice Jim walking forward to stand next to me, and I feel his hand grazing mine.

I cautiously start to intertwine our fingers and I feel Jim stiffen. He seemed to be just as shocked as me when he looked at Silver's robotic body parts. We didn't even need to say anything to know what the other was thinking at that moment.

"May I introduce Dr. Doppler?" Mr. Arrow introduces, as Delbert confidently takes a step forward, in his still silly outfit. "The financier of our voyage."

Silver grins, seemingly amused and his eye start to glow. A red beam comes out of it.

"Love the outfit, Doc." Silver's eye beam travels up and down his metal costume.

"Well, thank you, um... love the eye," Delbert awkwardly replies, covering his privates.

Delbert walks behind us, grabbing our shoulders and pushes us forward, closer to the cyborg-lion hybrid. "Uh, these young gentlemen are Jim Hawkins and [Name] Wisteria."

I tighten my grip on Jim's hand a little when Silver reaches his hand out, revealing a hand filled with knives of different sorts. "Jimbo! Lad!" Silver looks down at his hand and laughs awkwardly, "Uh..." he switches the knives, to something that, I think is supposed to represent fingers, and continues to hold it out, waiting for a handshake.

Jim lowly growls and glares at the mechanic hand, while I look at it in admiration even though I was kind of scared. Silver seems to notice, as he smiles in my direction. He pulls away the un-shaken hand. I start to think to myself.

How did he get it?

He walks back into the kitchen area and grabs a couple of large shrimp-looking things, slicing off the tails smoothly with his gadget arm. He starts humming and he skillfully starts to slice the shrimp into smaller pieces. His hand changes into a cleaver as he dumps the shrimp in the pot, and he takes a squash and other types of vegetables, aligning them on the table.