PROLOG

A beautiful blue and purple sky is on full display for the world with thousands of stars glistening and blinking.

On the clearest of nights... When the winds Etherium were calm and peaceful...

A large astonishing boat sails into view, gliding softly and quietly except for the soft creaks here and there.

The great merchant ship, with their cargos of Arcturian solar crystals, felt safe and secure. Little did they suspect that they were pursued by...

Another much smaller lone ship is quickly following behind. A black skull flag with three eyes and fangs swaying in the calm winds.

Pirates.

One lone pirate stands at the front of the small ship with his arms folded in front of him as he watches the golden ship with a certain hunger in his eyes.

And the most feared of all these pirates... Was the notorious Captain Nathaniel Flint.

The captain turns around with a smirk plastered on his face, "Fire!"

The crew immediately started firing the cannons. They tear destructively through the walls creating a deafening boom at the contact. The civilians stare in horror and cling on to their partner, while both crews are shooting their guns trying to get rid of the other.

A young boy's head starts to pop up, his sapphire blue eyes shining while watching in excitement. The corners of his mouth turns upwards into a big smile showing off his missing tooth. He lays on his stomach on his bed, his legs swinging in the air behind him as the book continues to show the hologram.

Like a Candarian zap-wing overtaking it's prey—

Suddenly the boy gasps and hurriedly slams the book shut as the door is violently opened.

"James Pleiades Hawkins!" A woman dressed in a pink night robe and slightly messed up hair scolds from the doorway. The boy tries to act nonchalant, as if we didn't just read the book that was so in front of him. "I thought you went to sleep an hour ago."

He pouts and sits up as he moves back towards his pillows. "Mom, I was just getting to the best part!" He grabs the recently used book and pulls it to his chest as if hugging it, turning his eyes to look at his mother. "Please?" He drags out the word trying to convince her. She smiles lovingly at him.

She playfully rolls her eyes and raises her hand in a surrendering motion.

"Oh! Can those eyes get any bigger?" She sighs and moves towards the bed and sits down next to him,"Scootch over."

He does as said and grins as he knew he won, and opens the book and the hologram pops up once again coming back to life.

... Like a Candarian zap-wing overtaking it's prey... Flint and his band of renegades...

The scene now shows how the pirate ship moves even closer to the golden one, hooking on to it, allowing them to climb on board.

Swooped in out of nowhere.

The scene changes from overwhelming the merchants on the deck to Captain Nathaniel using his sword to slice open the lock to a chest. Gold, emeralds and other jewels gleam and fall out, he scoops up two handfuls of the newfound treasure, holding them up to his laughing face lighting it up in the dark room.

The scene soon changes to the small ship fleeing the scene with the treasure.

And then... Gathering up their spoils...

The scene then changes once again to the pirate ship disappearing into thin air.

To vanish without a trace.

The small boy and his mother stare at the hologram in the book, and she entertains him by exclaiming "Ooh!" At the same time he did.

Flint's secret trove was never found...

The scene changes for a third time to an emerald green fog, slowly closing in on something.

But stories have persisted that it remains hidden... Somewhere at the end of the galaxy... Stowed with riches beyond the mind's imagination...

The fog clears up and there in all its glory is a planet wrapped in two rings pointed in opposite directions forming an X shape.

The loot of a thousand worlds...

Treasure planet.

"Treasure planet!" The small boy says in sync with the narrator of the story. His mother then closes the book and takes a handkerchief from her pocket and holds it in front of the small boy's nose. "Okay, now blow your nose."

He does as told, blowing his nose and sniffles as she puts it away.

"How do you think Captain Flint did it, Mom?' The small child asks while climbing onto the headboard while his mother is putting the book at the nightstand by the bed. She looks back at the bed and panics slightly as she doesn't see the boy. "How'd he swoop in out of nowhere?" She sips her head to look at the headboard where her son is now preparing to jump. She put out her arms to catch him but to no avail as he had already landed on his stomach unbothered. He crawled under the blanket, "and vanished without a trace?"

"I have no idea," she answers truthfully, moving her hands towards the unsuspecting little boy as the blanket is still covering his sight. She grabs him as he squeals,"come here you, you little— I'm gonna get— [pffft]" he squeals loudly and they both laugh as she blows a big raspberry on his small chubby stomach. He struggles to breathe as he laughs and she smiles, setting him down onto the bed near the pillows.

"Ok. Now it's time for this little spacer to go to sleep." She hoops his small nose and tucks him in.

"You think somebody i'll ever find Treasure Planet?" He looks up at her with his curious blue eyes. She furrowed her eyebrows at a small squeak behind his pillow. She pulls out a small monster toy.

"Sweetheart, I think it's more.." She started while staring at the odd looking toy with a raised eyebrow, "like a legend!" She shrugs, deciding to set the toy on the boys nightstand.

The boy frowns at his mother's answer, "I know it's real." He states with confidence as she smiles at his enthusiasm.

She gently cups the boy's cheeks, "Alright, you win. It's real." She kisses his forehead and stands up.

He smiles and nuzzles the right side of his face into his pillow, "nightly—night, Mom."

"Nightly—night, Sweetheart." She walks to the door and grabs the handle. "I love you." She says.

"Love you too." He yawns, and with that final goodnight she gently shuts the door.

Darkness fills the room. He quickly grabs the book from the nightstand and opens it under his blanket.

There are nights when the winds of Etherium, so inviting in their promise of flight and freedom... Made one's spirit... Soar!