CHAPTER XII

[Name] POV

The smaller ship flies back up to the opening underneath the main one. I run my fingers through my hair. My fingers getting caught in the knots that formed. Jim had done many spins and tricks, and my hair flowed through the wind.

Jim smiles toothily, rushing to one of the boat ends to pull it up.

I smile back at him, running over to help him. We slide down, the boat tilting. We look over at Silver, snickering.

"Having a little trouble there?" Jim chuckles.

"Get away from me," Silver laughs, hitting us with his hips as we get pushed back to our side of the boat. "Oh, Jimbo, Lad. If I could maneuver a skiff like that when I was your age, they'd be bowing in the streets when I walked by today."

Morph shape-shifts into a mini version of Silver, while he slumps down on the chair.

"Bowing in the streets." He mimics.

"I don't know," Jim says, tying the rope to the boat. "They weren't exactly singing our praises when we left home."

He sits down on the plank, me sitting across from him. Morph and Silver sigh happily, sinking into their seats. Jim looks over at me with sudden determination, making me tilt my head to the side a bit.

"But I'm going to change all that," he says.

"Are you now? How so?" Silver asks, stroking Morph.

"I have some plans. Going to make people see me a little differently." His expression doesn't falter.

His eyes flicker over to me for a split second before going right back over to Silver.

Jim then leans back, resting his elbows on the railing behind him, letting his head fall back a bit. Silver smirks at me, and I raise an eyebrow in question.

"Ooh," Silver sighs, looking down at Morph. "Sometimes plans go astray."

"Not this time," Jim says, moving his arms to put them behind his head, as he gets comfortable.

I hum, closing my eyes for a bit, as Silver puts his robotic leg on the plank. I look down at it, examining all the different parts. Morph turns into a wrench to assist Silver.

"Oh, thanks Morphy," Silver smiles.

Me and Jim frown.

"So, how'd that happen anyway?" Jim asks, shuffling a bit.

Silver looks up, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You give up a few things chasing a dream," he sighs, glaring at his robot hand as he closes it.

"Was it worth it?" I ask.

"Heh," Silver chuckles slightly, his eyebrows easing up.

He gets up, and sits down next to Jim with a sigh. He wraps his arm around his shoulders.

"I'm hoping it is, Lad," he smiles. "I most surely am."

Silver looks over at me. He nudges his head at me.