22

Michael hasn't come to see me once since the night I had almost died. Since he hasn't come that means I haven't eaten. I was starving. I knew I had to escape, for real this time.

I waited for night to come. As I was waiting I made sure to look around for things I could use just in case me and Michael run into each other. I found a butter knife, and small pieces of broken glass.

It was pathetic, I knew. Michael Myers versus a butter knife? Almost made me laugh.

Finally, it was dark enough to hopefully leave without getting seen. I had obviously tried to leave out the front door at first, locked. Should have expected that.

Then, the back door.

Locked.

Finally, I tried a door inside one of the horse stables, not locked.

Almost crying from relief, I carefully and quietly opened the door.

I looked ahead of me, at all the plain fields, at the night sky, the twinkling stars that seemed to be smiling down at me. I took a deep breath and slowly stepped out.

Smiling, I ran as fast as I could down the gravel driveway.

Then, I passed by the house. And there he was, Michael was watching me threw the windows. I stopped.

I looked back at him filled with nothing but betrayal. That used to be the boy I planned on spending my life with, my best friend, my first love.

Now, he's nothing but a monster.

With one final look toward Michael I wiped away a single tear that fell down my cheek and ran. I ran like I never ran before.

I was free. I was finally getting away. Away from Michael Myers.

I didn't fully read that chapter before this one, only the ending. If it doesn't make sense sorry.