5 (Halloween Eve)

A couple of days later~

It was finally almost Halloween! Just one more day! Everyone was either decorating their house or had already done so. Me and my dad were one of the few who were outside decorating. My mom was at the store buying candy to give out to the other kids tonight.

"Y/N! Come see!" I heard my dad yell. I ran to where he was in the yard. "Yes, dad?" I asked. He held up two ghosts and said "which one do you think would look best in the yard?" The first ghost had a childish aesthetic to it. It had a playful face and was full of color. The second one was much more scarier. It was full of dull colors and a few droplets of blood were scattered on its hands and face.

I rubbed my chin and pretended to be thinking hard as I was about to answer a voice answered before I could "I like the colorful one more!" I jumped and turned around. Behind me was my now giggling mother. "The scarier one is more fitting though." She finished off.

My dad laughed and said "good thinking hon, scarier one it is!" My mom laughed and walked inside the house leaving me with a pounding heart.

"Why even ask for my opinion then..." I mumbled to myself and crossed my arms. My dad chuckled and said, "you were gonna pick that one anyways."

I playfully threw my hands up and said "of course I was!" My dad shook his head and started to place the ghost into the ground. While he was doing that I was placing around some fake spider webs and gravestones. As I was placing down the last spider onto the fake web someone placed their hand on my shoulder causing me to jump.

I quickly turned around to see a clown mask behind me. "Ah!" I yelled. I could hear the person behind the mask laugh. They reached out and took off their mask to reveal Michael. I gasped and furrowed my eyebrows. "That wasn't funny Michael!" I shouted.

He laughed and said "I'm sorry! It was just the perfect opening!" I rolled my eyes and continued to put some fake graves in our garden. Michael sat down next to me and said "I was wondering if you wanted to go trick or treating with me and Judith tomorrow?"

I thought about it for a minute. If I go with Michael I would get to spend more time with him and both my mom and dad would be able to give out candy! "Sure!" I said. Michael gave me a huge smile and said "really, thanks!" I returned the smile and went back to placing graves in the garden.

It was quiet for a few minutes until Michael spoke up and said "remembered when you promised not to leave me?" I blushed at the memory of us pinky promising each other. "Yeah, I do," I answered. He looked at me and said, "you're still keeping that promise right?"

I looked up at him with a smile and said "forever and forever!" He smiled at me and whispered, "forever and forever..."

I smiled at him and went back to dealing with the garden.

Time skip~

It was a little past lunchtime now, me and Michael were sitting in my room watching horror movies. My mom had brought us some popcorn with sodas a little while ago. We were in the middle of watching "The Thing" when the doorbell rang. We heard my mom and another woman talking for a while. We then heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

There was a knock on my door. "Come in!" I shouted. In came my mom and Mrs. Myers. "Hello Y/N! I'm here to pick up Michael."

I smiled and said "Good Afternoon Mrs. Myers!"

Michael groaned and threw his head back. I playfully rolled my eyes and softly started to push him out of bed. Our moms both laughed. Michael lazily dragged his feet towards his mom. Once he got to her he turned back and waved goodbye to me. "Pause the movie! Don't finish it without me!" He said. I laughed and said, "you got it!"

Mrs. Myers smiled and pushed Michael towards the steps. "Goodbye! Have a good night!" She shouted. "Goodbye!" My mom replied. Once we heard the door closed I fell onto my back and groaned. My mom turned towards me and said "what's wrong with you?"

I turned my head to where she was and said "why'd he say not to finish it without him! We were at the good part!" She laughed and said "glad he did. Time for you to get ready for bed. You have a big day tomorrow!"

I groaned and got up. I went to my closet to pick out some pajamas. Once I got my clothes picked out I placed them on my bed and took out my Halloween costume. I was going to be a pirate this year. I sighed and placed my costume back into the closet.

I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. The scar on my forehead was still there. I pouted and moved my hair to where I couldn't see it.

Time skip~

Once I was finished with my bath I brushed my hair and teeth and jumped into my bed. I snuggled up into my covers and turned off my lamp. I was thinking about how tomorrow would plan out. Maybe me and Michael would be able to have a sleepover once we're finished trick or treating! Thinking of those happy thoughts I slowly drifted off to sleep not knowing what tomorrow would hold.

October 30, 1993
1 day until Halloween

It's currently 3:00 am so if this seems rushed or really confusing to read I'll probably rewrite some of this tomorrow.