2 (pt. 1)

It was the next day. I had already woken up, changed, brushed my hair and teeth. I was just eating breakfast. Mom placed cereal in front of me. Dad was at the end of the table reading his newspaper as usual. Mom was a few feet away from us cleaning the dishes.

All of a sudden mom cleared her throat. "I had a run in with the Myers today. They welcomed us into the neighborhood and I suggested we all have dinner today so Deborah, Judith, Michael, and Angel will be coming over later on."

My face broke into a smile. "Michael Myers?!" I yelled. My dad looked up from his newspaper and said "yes, do you know him?"

Mom laughed and said "they had a little encounter yesterday. They're friends."

My dad smiled at me and said "that's good I was starting to think she'll be lonely forever!" I gasp and said "I would never! I have friends!" I crossed my arms and turned away with a pout on my face. Both my parents laughed and shook their heads.

Time Skip~

My mom and I decided to go to the park we passed by yesterday. Since it was a Saturday there were some kids there and to my horror, those kids from yesterday were also here.

My mom noticed I hesitated and looked to where I was staring. She went to turn around and leave the park when she saw the guys but I stopped her and walked to the swings.

She seemed nervous for a few minutes, never taking her eyes off of me. After around 10 minutes or so she eventually started talking to the other parents.

I was on the park playground now (picture above) I was walking across one of the bridges until I heard a "HEY!"

It was the boys. My breath hitched they were much bigger than me so they could easily overpower me. That didn't stop me from trying though.

"What do you want?" I sassed. What I was assuming to be the leader clicked his tongue and said "why'd you lie about the principal wanting us?"

I started to grow nervous if I say anything about Michael they might bully me too. The urge to protect my friend was stronger though. "You were bullying my friend. Do you expect me to not say anything?" I said while tilting my head.

"You're friends with that freak?!" One of the boys yelled at me. I made a pout with my lips and said "he's not a freak! The only freaks here are you!"

That ticked off the boys. Someone in the group yelled, "get her!" The boys immediately started climbing up the stairs and rock walls to get to me. I ran across the bridge and to the slide and slid down. Well...at least I tried too. One of the boys grabbed my hair preventing me from sliding down.

The other boys got to us and pulled me back up the slide from my hair. I screamed in pain I tried to kick and punch them but they kept moving out the way. When I finally got a hit on one of them that gave me the chance to run away. I ran to where my mom was. When she saw me she gasped and checked my face. There was a small cut on the side of my forehead.

When the guys came closer to where I was and saw I was around adults they decided to stick to yelling instead of coming after me."you freak! Wait until you're alone!" My mom glared at them and walked me to the car.

Once we got home my mom and dad were furious. Since the Myers were about to show up my dad was the one cleaning me up while my mom was preparing dinner.

"You should have knocked their teeth out." My dad said while disinfecting the cut on my forehead. I laughed and said "I could of daddy! There were just so many guys!"

My dad smirked and said, "if they ever do it again tell me I'll solve it." I smiled and said "thanks, daddy." My dad smiled and kissed my cheek "of course baby"

Once I was changed and redid my hair me and my dad walked downstairs right as the doorbell rang. I ran to the door. I waited for my mom to open the door suddenly feeling nervous.

Mrs. Myers walked in first with a baby in her hands. Next was an older girl. Then finally Michael. I smiled and waved when I saw him. He waved back at me with a little smile. My mom and dad greeted Mrs. Myers with a hug while the older girl was in the corner on her phone seemingly uninterested.

The baby which was now in Michael's hold seemed to be asleep. I walked up to Michael and the baby and said "Hey Michael! I didn't know we live in the same neighborhood. Who's this?" I made sure to lower my tone to not wake up the baby. Michael's eyes seemed too bright up for a moment.

"This is boo! My little sister!"

I smiled and said "she's so cute! Wanna go lay her down in my room?" I tilted my head and waited for his answer. He smiled and nodded. I gave him a big smile and walked with him to my room. Once boo was settled down in my bed we quietly made our way back downstairs and into the kitchen. Whenever we entered everyone was already sitting down and having conversations. Me and Michael both sat next to each other at the dining table. My mom placed a plate of chicken, mash potatoes, and some vegetables in front of me and Michael. I cringed at the broccoli on the plate.

"Thanks, mom..." I said. Michael copied my face and said "thanks.." my mom playfully rolled her eyes and Mrs. Myers said "now now you too. Don't you want to be strong when you're older? Eat up."

I placed some broccoli on my fork and with a smirk said " I bet I'll be way stronger than you when we're older Michael!" I quickly popped the vegetable in my mouth and swallowed. Michael gave me a teasing smile and said "No way! I'll be stronger!"

We both gave each other a look and started eating the vegetables as quickly as we could. The oldest Myers child groaned and said "would you two stop? You're making a mess!" Mrs. Myers sighed and gave an apologetic smile to my parents and me.

I leaned closer to Michael and said "what's her problem?" He rolled his eyes and said "that's my annoying sister Judith. Ignore her." I giggled slightly and leaned back away to finish my food. As I was about to pick up a piece of chicken with my fork I felt something grab my hand. I looked down to see Michael's hand holding onto mine. I looked up at his face to see him looking away with a small blush. I pouted with a blush and grabbed onto his hand as well making us both blush even harder.

October 15, 1963
16 more days until Halloween