18

It's been weeks.

It wasn't a bad dream. It's a nightmare.

I was cold, hungry, scared, I just wanted to go home. There's been people, mostly teenagers, that have dared come into Michael's home. It would never work out in their favor.

Michael would bring me things like water and bread to eat but after a while it got boring. Every time I would gather up the courage to try and escape it would always lead to Michael catching me and threatening me with his knife.

After a while I gave up. I gave up talking. Every time I opened my mouth to talk it would just hurt so much. 

I was still chained up to a bed. I was just staring at the wall in front of me before Michael had walked in. My eyes traveled to where he was standing in the doorway. We watched each other for a little bit before he walked to me.

I watched as he untied my chains. I carefully sat up watching him closely. I wondered what made him do this. He stared at me again then suddenly walked out.

I sat down on the bed staring at the door for a few minutes then carefully got out of bed and walked towards it. I peeked my head out from around the corner. I didn't see Michael anywhere. I walked down the stairs and saw the door.

Immediately I started running to it.

It was locked.

I heard someone creep behind me. Tears started to fall from my eyes. I slowly turned around and came face to face with the boogeyman. He slammed me against the door and slowly lifted me up by my neck.

I kicked and punched him as hard as I could. Nothing worked. It was like punching a wall. Dots were filling my vision. That was until I was thrown to the ground. I was panting heavily. Michael picked me up again, this time more gently. He left the house threw the back door and went walking away.

This was smart of him. Police officers had been looking at the house ever since I went missing. Dr. Loomis has been pressing them to go into the house way earlier but they always said no. The only reason why I know this is because I could hear Loomis yelling at them to go inside from the window that was in the room.

*Flashback*

"She must be in that house! We have to check!" Loomis had yelled at the police officer.

The officer sighed, "listen we told you before. We can't do that. At least not right now."

Dr. Loomis placed his hands on his head and started to pace back and forth. "Then I'll go by myself!" The officer has managed to pull Loomis away and they drive off together.

*Flashback ends*

I wished that they did come inside that day. Maybe I could be back home with my mom and dad. I eventually fell asleep as we were walking. When I did wake up, I was laying on some hay...chained up. I groaned, just when I thought my wrist would get a break.

I looked around and realized I was in a barn. There was chickens and roosters walking around. There was cows, and horses as well. As I was looking around the doors to the barn opened. Michael came walking in. I watched him walk to me.

He looked at me and then his knife. He slowly placed it on the ground next to his foot and came and sat next to me. I was very uncomfortable. I wanted nothing more then to grab that knife, stab him, and then run. While I was thinking he suddenly grabbed my hand. I yanked it back but he yanked it back to him.

He opened my hand with his fingers and took out some bread from his pocket. I did not want to eat bread coming from a dirty pants pocket but I was starving. I ate that piece of bread faster then I had ever ate anything else before. Michael just stared at me as I ate. I looked back at him. Tears formed in my eyes again. Not because I was scared. But because I wanted to know what happened to my best friend. My first love...my Michael.

Michael had placed his hand on my cheeks and softly wiped away my tears. It made me cry harder remembering the way he would comfort me when we were younger.

*Flashback*

We were playing tag. Michael was "it". He was so close to tagging me. "Just a bit faster" I mumbled to myself. As I was running I hadn't been paying attention to the ground causing me to fall down on the ground, scaping my knee.

Tears immediately rushed to my eyes. Looking at my knee only made it worse. Blood was leaking down my leg. Michael ran to me and kneeled down. He placed his hands on my cheeks and lifted them up.

"Don't cry (N/N)! It's going to be okay!"

I looked into his eyes and nodded. He smiled and pulled me into a tight hug.

*Flashback ends*

I leaned into his hand and placed my hand on top of his.

"Michael...what happened to you..."

I was sobbing uncontrollably. I didn't understand why Michael of all people had to turn out like this.

"What happened to make you end up like this! I hate you Michael! I hate you!" I started to punch his chest. He wasn't doing anything to stop me. He just watched as always.

"Say something damnit!" I yelled as I stopped punching his chest and instead leaned my head into it.

I was crying into his chest. He wasn't doing anything about it. He just sat there and watched me. I was going crazy. I just want a sign that my best friend was somewhere still in there. I had fell asleep while waiting for him to do something. Maybe things tomorrow will be different?