7

11 Months Later

My parents and I have moved out of Haddonfield a few months after the incident. I was sent to a therapist to help me cope with everything from that night. I can't even go to sleep without having a nightmare.

I'm 10 years old now. My parents tried to give me a good party but I was just quiet most of the time. Not even my old friends were able to cheer me up. That image of Ronnie will always be stuck in my head.

I sighed and looked at the time, 6:00 am. Since it was a Saturday my parents were most likely still asleep. I climbed out of my bed and made my way to the living room. I took a seat on the couch and decided to watch the news. What I saw shocked me.

"I'm standing outside Smiths Groves Sanitarium where late last night 10 year old Michael Myers was transferred after being found guilty of first-degree murder. Myers was to come as one of the lengthiest and most expensive trials in the state's history. In attendance during this trial Dr. Samuel Loomis, Loomis has now been appointed by judge Masterson to look into Myers care, while staying here in Smiths Grove."

I was speechless. I know Michael was guilty since I was there but just hearing people say it out loud makes my heart stop.

"Morning Y/N" I heard my dad say. I quickly changed the channel to a cartoon channel. I looked back at him and said "Morning. There are some leftover pancakes in the refrigerator if you're hungry."

My dad made a sound of acknowledgment and went into the kitchen. I sat there watching the random cartoon on TV then suddenly my dad called for me. I jumped up from the couch and made my way to the kitchen.

"Need something?" I asked. My dad sighed and ran his hands in his hair.

"A letter from Dr. Loomis, Michael's doctor came in." I wasn't that surprised. This wasn't the first letter to come in. Ever since Michael was introduced to Dr. Loomis all he has been talking about was me.

"Does he want me to go see Michael again? Or is this a different reason?" I asked. My dad groaned and said "same as always." I just nodded and went into my room.

I didn't know if I wanted to see Michael again or not. Are we still even dating? Normally if you're dating someone you go to meet up with them but, Michael and I can't do that anymore so...I don't know.

I'm afraid of Michael I mean he killed multiple people right in front of me so could you blame me? Not too long after he got arrested I found out he also killed one of his school bullies. Let's just say I wasn't sleeping after finding that out. I ended up having to sleep with my mom and dad every night after that.

My mom entered my room cutting my thoughts off. "Hey baby...listen me and your dad talked and we're willing to allow you to say your last goodbye face to face to Michael...also it would get that Loomis guy off our backs."

I stayed quiet thinking for a minute. Did I really want to see the guy who gave me a lifetime guarantee of trauma? ....yes, yes I did.

Even though what he did was bad my silly crush for him was still very strong. I felt as if I had to see him one last time.

With that thought, I turned to my mom and said "yeah...I will." She gave me a gentle smile and said, "okay, next week Mrs. Myers will come to pick you up and you guys will go together since me and your father both have work."

I nodded and watched as she left my room. Did I make the right choice?