11

I ended up waking up a lot earlier then I wanted. Once I did wake up, I made sure to throw out all of Joey's stuff. I even went out and bought new bed sheets.

On my way home I happened to run into Tommy. A little boy Laurie is supposed to babysit this Halloween.

"(Y/N)! Did you hear?!"

I gave him a confused look and said, "hear what?"

He took a deep breath and said, "Michael! The bogeyman! He escaped that crazy people hospital!"

My world stopped. There was no way. That hospital was surrounded with guards...that's impossible. I was so shocked I didn't even scold Tommy for calling the place a "crazy people hospital" like I normally would.

"Are you sure...?" I asked. He nodded and grabbed my hand, "Do you think the bogeyman is real? I mean...I know it was on the news but...nobody would really do that right?"

I didn't want to scare him so I only smiled and shook my head no. I ended up walking Tommy home promising to protect him to help ease his mind.

When I got home I immediately ran to the phone and called my dad. When he picked up the first thing I said was, "don't tell me it's true."

It was quiet for a few seconds. It felt more like hours.  

Finally he answered, "...it's true. He escaped yesterday night. People believe he's heading to his old home...be careful...please."

Now it was my turn to stay quiet. I grabbed my hair and fell to the ground. My year just can't get any worse, could it?

"Thanks dad...love you...bye."

Before he could respond I ended the line. I put my head in my hands and sighed. I would be fine right? It's been over 15 years he's surely forgot about me now.

I shakily got up and walked into the bathroom. I started the shower feeling as if I deserved a nice long warm shower.

I undressed and stepped in. I sighed in delight at the feeling of the hot water hitting my back. I scrubbed my face making sure to take all my makeup off.

After about an hour later I got out. I grabbed a towel from under my counter and dried myself up. I looked into the mirror and sighed.

The scar from those bullies some years ago was still there. I guess my mom was lying when she said it would disappear once I got older.

Time skip~

I got a call from my boss, Shelby an hour after my shower. I needed to put in a extra shift. With Michael on the loose I obviously didn't want too but she promised me extra pay.

When I arrived it was already dark out. It was 8:35 pm. We close at 10:00. I just had two hours then I could leave. I kept reassuring myself everything would be fine.

I was just stocking up some shelfs with makeup before I heard a bang coming from the back room. Now...I wasn't no dumb blonde girl in horror movies. I went to the counter and grabbed a baseball bat.

I stood next to the door, ready to run out of anything happens.

I heard it again, and again, and again. It was like they were waiting for me to go investigate. I wanted to call someone but the phone was right where the noise was coming from and I couldn't just leave the store alone.

Fear was caging me in. I knew I had to do something. Bat in hand, I carefully walked my way inside the back room. What I saw was something I would had never expected.

5 days until Halloween