In the morning breakfast was being made. Casey was making pancakes and sausages.

Everyone was on the table enjoying their foods laughing eating.

"this is so good compliments to the chef" jesse jokes.

"This is the best pancakes I have ever had" said Axel who was eating the pancakes.

"Slow down bud" jesse tells him.

Casey chuckles "back in the orphanage there was a schedule on who cooks breakfast. Times it's eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes or cereal of your choice"

"I bet the caregiver of that place treated you kids like crap" jesse said.

Casey shook her head "not really, she treated us like one of her own. We all loved her. We have chores we have school. She was the nicest people we met."

"So Annie was bullshit?" Axel asked himself mentioning a musical.

"Very interesting" EGON said "my parents never believed in breakfast."That shocked the trio including Janine.

"You mean,you never even had cereal?"janin asked.

"We had boxes of cereal. But fed it to the animals" he said.Then they hear a knock on the door "I'll get it" EGON gets up and walks to the door and opens it and reveals the mayor.

"Dr. Spengler" the mayor said with a smile "luscious green it's a pleasure to finally meet you " he puts out his hand for EGON to shake and EGON takes it. "Janine talks about you"

"I see" EGON said. "So what brings you here"

"I'm actually here for Jesse I tried calling her but won't answer my calls."

Egon nods as Jesse walks up to him and glares at the mayor "what are you doing here?" She scowl.

"I'm came to get you. It's about your mother she's in the hospital"

Jesses expression changed hearing about her mother. She looked at me Egon.

"Go see her" he said as Jesse grabs her stuff and heads to the mayors car and they drove away.

Casey was confused on the situation "what happened to her mom?"

"She didn't tell you?" Axel asked. Casey shook her head no "her moms sick with lung cancer. The doctors are not sure how long she has yet but who knows. And her biological father was murdered years ago no one knows how"

"Jesse has been through a lot" Janine said. "We wish her the best"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Casey sat at the front porch looking at the view.

Axel walks towards her and sat beside her "how ya doing?" He asked.

"Fine" she said. "How's jesse"

"I called her he said she's spending the night in th hospital to watch her mom"

Casey nods "that's good to hear, she really loves her mom" Axel nods in agreement "i never even met my mom she passed away after I was born and my dad.. well... abandon both of us."

"I see" Axel said "you think you guys'S stories was sad? Teddy and I were adopted by a single dad"

Casey looks at Axel "You were adopted?"

Axel nods "my real parents were drug addicts. They barley took care of us. One day police shows up with a worker and took us away and teddy and I were adopted but my who I call dad."

Casey nods imaginings what it would be like if she had a family that. She knew she was never adopted but wondered what it was like to have parents that loved her.

"Must've been nice" she said. "I wonder if Egon had a family of his own" she thought about egon.

Axel was about to open his mouth but quickly shut it. "He does but...being your friend and him as my boss I can't say it. I'll see ya soon" he gets up and leaves.

Casey gave it some thought realized some things the picture. She gets up and walks to the barn. Goes down the pole and walks to the lab where egon was working on his proton pack.

Whe walks up at the table "you have a daughter don't you?" She asked loud but calmly.

That made egon to face her as he raised his brow "what makes you think that?" He asked pretending to not know what Casey's talking about but barley.

"I saw the pictures of the same girl from infant to growing up. So tell the truth! Was that girl your daughter?"

Egon thought it was pointless to lie to Casey he trust her more than anything he trusted "it is"

"What happened to her?" She asked.

"From what I know she has two kids and doing fine."

Casey looks at him in confusion "what do you mean from what you know?"

Egon sighed "those pictures you saw was to keep track on her life which I was never part of. I focused on other things than being a father. So I left."

Casey scoffs. "So you just left?" She said in half anger on what she's hearing "a fathers supposed to have responsibilities. I don't care if this was before or after you became a ghostbuster you're a coward for abandoning something you brought in the world."

"YOU GET OFF MY BACK" Egon shouts in anger. "You think I wanted this? It just happened. She was a baby I was scared a-"

"CUT THE CRAP!" Casey shouted back. "A father is not supposed to run out from their family, their supposed to be there every single day for them because that's what a father does"

"Are you talking about me or your own father who abandoned you and left your dead mother?"

"Leave my mom out of this"

"You're a selfish brat no wonder you don't have a family" Egon shouted realizing he took it to far.

Casey was hurt that he said that to her "well, I'm not the one who abandoned friends and family" she finished before leaving the barn running all the way to her room, shuts the door and put her head on the pilllow before screaming and crying.

Egon on the other hand was still in his laboratory. He was gonna continue on working but stopped and threw his tool and puts both his hands on his head in frustration on what happened.