Truth

As Laxus looked at Lucy, he remembered something.

~~~~~Flashback~~~~~

(A/N: When Happy took the S-class mission and Natsu, Lucy, and Happy went to try out the job.)

Stupid, that Salamander is going to die in that mission with his cat and that new blonde chick.

Honestly, I knew that Natsu would be stupid enough to go but I wouldn't think that he would bring a girl along. He has no brain. Did he only bring her here to get in her into a death situation, I don't think it's first one either. But this, this should be certain death. At least it's going to quite down here.

Tch, and that old geezer telling me to go after them, let the weak die, they are no help either way. Why do I need to waste my energy to go grab them? It's not my job to look after the members like that, hell, even he didn't send people to go after that stupid kids dad when he was in the mountains.

He should retire already, maybe I can do something about that. Now, that would put a smile on my face.

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

Holy hell, They actually made it back alive....

But it took them forever to come back. They even had to have help from other people. I could have done it myself.

Well good job Blondie, you have a nice body and seem strong enough to survive. Hopefully you don't keep getting in the middle of these situations... who am I kidding. Knowing this guild, this is just the start of these deadly adventures for her. *sigh* I just can't wait to see her get stronger if this is the case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anybody saw the way they were now, Lucy sleeping in Laxus arms, they would rather think that Laxus took Lucy for her beautiful body or as a hostage. Which he was trying to make it seemed like that to her, he wasn't ready. He wasn't being honest to himself either. 

They would never have thought that he fell in love with her...

Laxus doesn't even know that yet...yet.

So if they were to see Laxus and Lucy in this condition, they would fight Laxus to get their comrade back. They didn't like that he just took her and made up this whole situation. 

Laxus only had two things in his mind

Getting Lucy and becoming Guild Master. He already had one of his goals done.

He wasn't doing a great job and kept losing track of time. He was having a relaxing day while everyone else was battling.

Lucy was getting to him...